Anyone else getting Unapproved Posts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else getting Unapproved Posts.

I have been getting and seeing others getting a lot of unapproved posts lately, for no apparent reason. Is this a new bug or what? Also I have noticed I can see others unapproved posts.

All the time. Someone usually comes along to fix it. Not sure how the mods put up with this.
    We should thank them more often.

Comment

• Kool
      Kool commented
      Editing a comment
      Especially since all but three of our mods have joined the mass exodus.

• Craig B
      Craig B commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm an occasional mod. I admit I'm not on as much as I used to. Sorry to all.

• garricks
      garricks commented
      Editing a comment
      I try to do what I can, but it's so farking SLOW with all of the bouncy crap and shooting you up to the top and down again that I get frustrated. Before the upgrade I was able to read every single post on all but the busiest days. Now I probably get through 1/3 of them.

It has been happening to PD for some time - more often on comments than posts, but not exclusively. Now it seems to be happening to skibe too.
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Sigh, I hate this forum (software) so much. The list of bugs that still haven't been addressed is long and getting longer all the time.

Comment

No way to get back the old software huh?

Comment

Nope, this version and the old are not backwards compatible. There was some talk of switching to a whole new platform but I'm 99% sure that isn't going to happen either. This latest update solved a number of problems, most of the worst ones anyway so I think we are stuck with it.

I don't know if it possible to get the social side active again. Honestly all it would take is for ten members, either old or new, to start posting in there regularly to jump start it again.

Comment

At least it's better than it was and is now workable for those of us really wanting to be here. I'm more concerned about the new forum members who are evaluating the forum, don't know all the little workarounds, then get frustrated and move on before settling in. Like everyone else, I have nothing but thanks and compliments for all the mods and admins who have managed to keep the place afloat despite it all.

Comment

Speaking of problems..

I just tried to private message Kool and I get this message.

You have reached your stored private message quota of 50 messages. You have 56 messages saved combined in your private message folders. You cannot send any further messages until space has been created.
              I had like 5 or 6 stored in there, but even after I deleted those it still gives me the message.

Comment

• Kool
                Kool commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes that is another problem. At least I can fix this one. You have 200 now

It is weird to occasionally see that a long-time member has a comment that needs to be approved, but it doesn't happen that often (that I see). It is strange that non-mods can view unapproved posts/comments. Kind of misses the point, lol.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Oh I'm still around

Haven't completely abandoned ship. I still check in in the wee hours of the morning.

And honestly it's not so much the forum as it is time right now.

Long story short personal life is crazy ... Sister just had a baby. I belong to a group who for some reason decided elect me secretary for ... it's non stop bullshit. I feel like I'm running a daycare. Constant bickering and arguing and political crap. My term is up on February 1st. You will see me around a lot more then. I promise.

I'll try to get the Friday post back up and running too at that point. Well .... that is if you all promise to say something funny at least once a week

Comment

• Kool
                  Kool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Secretary huh?

So did you get a pair of heavy black secretary glasses? You could totally rock that look

• Red Kittie Kat
                  Red Kittie Kat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lmaooo as a matter of fact I did ... but they do have a hint of color in them

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X