Post Unapproved?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Unapproved?

Having completed a typography post with linkage to photobucket the post vanished, instead green table with Unapproved.

Is that normal? Do you mods first view all posts which contain image links then approve or unapprove? Do members receive a PM if unapproved?

Thanks.

This forum software is buggy. It likes to not approve posts all the time.
    I feel sorry for the mods.
    They don't get fed nearly enough tacos to deal with the headaches.

Comment

I just approved it. Is it working OK?

Your first few posts must be approved by a moderator, so don't panic if they don't show up right away. Moderators aren't always around, you're just lucky you got me

If there were more snacks, I would be in more regularly
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

PrintDriver is right, the VBulletin software running the forum is buggy and despised by all of us. Sometimes it even flags my posts as unapproved, and I'm a moderator who approves posts.

Comment

• Buda
          Buda commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have to approve your own posts B? That's kinda like going through and liking all your own posts. Which I'd like to find the time to do

Thanks Buda!

I'll hoist a pint (2 or 3 more like it) of Guinness in honor of all Mods. VBulletin, only 1/2 a pint for you. Rest to the Mods.

Comment

• Buda
          Buda commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm so hungry, will there be snacks also?

• bigdata
          bigdata commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely, hope you like poutine!

More Unapproved posts especially when trying to Comment in my own post.

Tried to many times over the course of two days to get that done. Time and time again forced to wait for Moderator approval which never came.

Comment

• PanToshi
          PanToshi commented
          Editing a comment
          The forum glitches sometimes and marks posts unapproved inexplicably. However, the post you are referring to that added the datavis url, was a duplicate of your comment adding the same url that already posted so I deleted the duplicate. I have ''undeleted'' your duplicate post so you can see it. Generally we try to keep duplicate posts from cluttering up the forum.
          Last edited by PanToshi; 10-08-2016, 02:54 PM.

• bigdata
          bigdata commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Pan!

vBulletin does seem to be a quirky beast at times.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
        Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
        Glitchin
        Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
        Today, 03:55 PM
      • Glitchin
        Comment on Logo Feedback
        Glitchin
        I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
        Today, 03:24 PM
      • Glitchin
        Reply to Critique Please?
        Glitchin
        This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
        Today, 02:58 PM
      • Glitchin
        Comment on Critique Please?
        Glitchin
        Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
        Today, 02:54 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Portfolio usage of work
        PrintDriver
        Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
        Today, 12:42 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X