Random Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Question

I found the random math question incredibly inconvenient when I signed up for these forums. Why not just use recaptcha?

This forums old and I think recaptcha requires a google api....so I'm guessing it's not worth the effort.

Comment

Welcome inbal

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I don't remember a random math question, though it's been a few years since I signed up. What was the question?
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

What was the random math question?

Comment

We have somewhat difficult registration question to stop the live spam shops coming out of Asia. The bots and spam shops blow through captcha like it isn't even there. You only have to do it once and it isn't that difficult Ever since we implemented the questions spam has dropped to almost zero. The few spammers who are devoted enough to get through the registration questions are quickly booted by our moderator staff.

For those who are wondering here is an example question :

Count the total number of words in this question and multiply it by three and then subtract one.

Comment

We balance horrible random math questions with delicious random tacos.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• PanToshi
                PanToshi commented
                Editing a comment
                Needs Guac. Moaaarrrrrr Guacahhhhhhmmmmolleeeeeee

• inbalnce
                inbalnce commented
                Editing a comment
                mmmmmm.... tacos.... what were we talking about again?

• WilliamBrown
                WilliamBrown commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks sooooo good!

I think it should be changed up to something like: "What is the square root of 3 to the square root of 2 power times the square root of 3 to the negative square root of 2 power?"

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

• Ratkins
                Ratkins commented
                Editing a comment
                My hair just went up in flames. Thanks.

This one could work too:

Comment

• inbalnce
                inbalnce commented
                Editing a comment
                What is this strange language you write? I tried google translate, but steam started coming out of my computer.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X