Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments to my posts aren't visible in the thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments to my posts aren't visible in the thread.

I can no longer see comments to my posts. Is this a user preference that I accidentally changed, or a glitch?

I have that same problem, but not all the time.

Comment

Probably a glitch. Can you post a link/example?

Comment

If DZ can't see comments on his/her posts, I would assume he/she can't see the comments here, either...
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

No it's the comments within posts. If you look at them in Latest Activity view, you can see them, but if you go to Post view to see them inline under the post, sometimes they are not there. It's been a while since it's happened to me, but I'll keep an eye out.
          Could be an OS, or Browser update need. I haven't seen it since the last update to the latest Firefox.

DZ, you need to post back here so we can write comments in one of your posts.
          I suppose we should write comments we actually don't mind you reading...

Comment

Here's the latest thread where I couldn't see the comment. I only saw the comment in the "Latest Topics" view.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...-to-web-design

Comment

• designzombie
              designzombie commented
              Editing a comment
              I can see 3 comments. I just can't see the ones on those other threads. The problem seems to only occur in certain situations. In the 2 times that I know for sure that it occurred, it was from a new user, or at least a user that has never commented on my posts before.

• PanToshi
              PanToshi commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you remember if they had already come out of moderation? (purple user name - in moderation or blue - no longer under moderation regular user)

• designzombie
              designzombie commented
              Editing a comment
              In moderation.

Originally posted by designzombie View Post
            In moderation.

If that's the case, the reason you can't see them (at first) is because the post has not yet been approved by a mod.

All new users posts are kept in moderation for their first few posts - and comments do not up their post count, only posts themselves. Once the new user gets enough posts under their belt, you will not see a delay in posting, and their comments and/or posts will show up immediately.

Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• designzombie
              designzombie commented
              Editing a comment
              I can see their replies to other peoples posts on the same thread. I just can see their replies to my own post on the thread. I know they replied because I saw the reply in the "Latest Topics" view.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
            Reply to What kind and which book would it be wise to spend on?
            Glitchin
            Work for money design for love by David Airey and Know Your Onions: Graphic Design by Drew De Soto are good books for freelancers if your just starting out in the industry.

Also Pretty Much...
            Today, 03:55 PM
          • Glitchin
            Comment on Logo Feedback
            Glitchin
            I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
            Today, 03:24 PM
          • Glitchin
            Reply to Critique Please?
            Glitchin
            This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
            Today, 02:58 PM
          • Glitchin
            Comment on Critique Please?
            Glitchin
            Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
            Today, 02:54 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Portfolio usage of work
            PrintDriver
            Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
            Today, 12:42 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X