Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This site sometimes freezes

Hello.

I'm quite new to this forum. I just registered a few days ago. But I have some issues with this website. Sometimes it just freezes. Especially while browsing threads with multiple pages. If I try to switch to another page, the wait cursor pops up and the word "
    Working...
    " shows up at the top corner. After a while this site freezes. Sometimes I have to close the tab and manually open or reload this site again. I really don't what what exactly is causing this behavior.

I'm using Chrome 56.0.2924.87. JS is enabled. Anybody here as an idea. I mean I can browse and use this forum but it is kind of annoying... Other websites are working just fine.

The forum is glitchy. It's not just happening to you, if that makes it any better. Often, when I get the "working" message, I just hit F5 to refresh the page and whatever I was trying to do is there. Sorry that you're having trouble with the site. These are known issues, but as moderators there's not much we can do. In the lower right of the page, you can click Contact Us to send a message to folks who can.
    Last edited by KitchWitch; 03-14-2017, 08:26 AM. Reason: left, right, whatever
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I find it freezes on google ads quite often.
      "Waiting for Google" is the message my browser status gives me.
      Hitting refresh works.

Comment

Alright. I thought it was my browser. Thanks for the feedback. I guess then I just have to go deal with it.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that my issue is because I have both Flashblocker and Adblocker on my browser. Even though I've white-listed this site for both, sometimes......the..........wait........to........ ....load.................can...................... .....take......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................forever.

Comment

Alright. I thought it was my browser. I have to handle it

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
              The forum is glitchy. It's not just happening to you, if that makes it any better. Often, when I get the "working" message, I just hit F5 to refresh the page and whatever I was trying to do is there. Sorry that you're having trouble with the site. These are known issues, but as moderators there's not much we can do. In the lower right of the page, you can click Contact Us to send a message to folks who can.
              Is admin aware of this? I think the issue is with hosting.

Comment

• KitchWitch
                KitchWitch commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, the site owners are well aware of the issues.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
              Helloooooo!
              Breanne.C
              Hey everyone! My name is Breanne. I didn't realize there was an introduction spot until after I tried making my first post to identify a font. Ooopsie!

I'm from the Seattle area, a freelance...
              Yesterday, 05:31 PM
            • Breanne.C
              Font ID Please
              Breanne.C
              Hey folks! I need help identifying the font in this logo, just the text "Fire Medic." Can anyone help ID it?

Yesterday, 03:56 PM
            • chikisg84
              Comment on Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
              chikisg84
              Thank you so much for your input. What you said about Joomla templates basically dictating the look and feel of the site is basically the reason I've held so long to my current site. I have not found...
              Yesterday, 03:32 PM
            • Biggs097
              Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
              Biggs097
              Keep in mind the cost of the tooling the dye is a one time cost. The next lot of cards wont include the tooling cost.
              StudioMonkey is also correct of the cost vs. your volume. 100 cards may run...
              Yesterday, 02:42 PM
            • B
              Reply to Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
              B
              Joomla is my CMS of choice. For that matter, I'm working on some template modifications for a Joomla site this morning.

For a small personal site, Joomla might be overkill. It's certainly...
              Yesterday, 02:11 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X