Did it post?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did it post?

I realize that new members often don't see their posts right away because they have to be approved, which I understand completely. BUT, I don't know if my posts are even going through? Whenever I post, it seems to refresh the "Create New Topic" page, emptying all the text fields, and at the very top of the window, I just see the word "Working" in black text with a pale yellow background. I am using Google Chrome. I hate trying to repost my stuff because either I forgot to copy and paste it somewhere and can't remember all the details I put in the post, or I am not wanting to clog the moderation team's inbox with posts they have to delete because they are duplicates. So... is it just me? Or is this a common issue? Are my posts going through? And if you are a moderator reading this and saw that I posted something multiple times today about what to do after graduation, I am deeply sorry for the reposting. I just don't know if any of this is working.

Yes, your posts are going through, but there isn't a moderator logged in at all times to approve them immediately. As for the never-ending "'Working' in black text with a pale yellow background," I see it too when I post anything. Despite what it says, the posts do go through. The software that runs the forum is, well, sort of awful. If it were my forum, I'd fix it, but I'm just a moderator here.

Comment

Thanks. I understand there isn't always a mod, we all have lives outside of the computer. :-) Thanks for the heads up about it!

Comment

Hi Kira and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
          Reply to Portfolio usage of work
          PrintDriver
          Why would you have someone else's work on your portfolio site?
          Why would you not honor a takedown notice?
          Doesn't matter if you don't claim copyright, or even if you credit the work appropriately....
          Yesterday, 07:50 PM
        • John G
          Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
          John G
          I'd recommend colored borders. love it that you can scroll down and I think "get all the information". Unfortunately, it's in a foreign language none of anything seems to whittle anythng down,...
          Yesterday, 07:28 PM
        • MikeTyler
          Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
          MikeTyler
          The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
          Yesterday, 06:31 PM
        • John G
          Reply to visually pleasing web design
          John G
          Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Yesterday, 06:26 PM
        • Thug-D
          Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
          Thug-D
          I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
          Yesterday, 05:58 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X