No announcement yet.
pixel effect on a logo Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module

Advertisement Advertisement Module

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module

• Kayekaye
    Reply to Eraser tool doesn't stick...
    Take a screen shot of the job open and all the windows open that you are using. The brush palette and any others you have open....
    Today, 02:27 AM
  • B
    Reply to Feedback for a coffee company logo!
    I'll argue that this impression isn't actually the case. Yes, there are plenty of high-profile companies that have moved from more complicated logos to simpler ones, but honestly, that's been true for...
    Today, 01:42 AM
  • bsimpson1015
    Looking for feedback on logo design

I'm new to this so, I've been working on a logo for a dog walking company and what I have now is solid but I feel like that something could be added. If anyone wants to suggest on...
    Today, 12:41 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Stupid question??
    The settings say it is on and that it's set for "all users," not just subscribers.
    It doesn't work if you click on Messages either?

Eh. Forum bug, probably. Hopefully Brie...
    Today, 12:34 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Feedback for a coffee company logo!
    Let's back up.
    You say this is for a class.
    What was the exact design brief? Because all you said was look at it and tell you what we think. There is no context for us to know if it will work...
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM

Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pixel effect on a logo

I want to put a pixelated effect on a logo (typed). where it starts of solid and gradually fades in a large pixelated way, almost as blocks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

My best advice would be to hand draw it, then vectorize it, but thats just me, someone might have a digital solution for you.

‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Like the Xerox logo?

'Adventure, Excitement, A Jedi craves not these things.'
      'Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.'

Seems I've done this in Photoshop but fuzzy on the details. I thin you do a fade in haft-tone then either minimize or maximize it to your liking. Then you would have to vectorize it in Streamline or something similar. I may have to try that myself, I like the effect. I could be wrong on the above but think I'm in the neighborhood. Just maybe on the wrong block.

The 'Lettering Guy' says: 'It's not only what you say, but how well you say it.'

This might be what you are looking for.

RUN DOS RUN
          P r o d u c t i o n s

Thanks so far for the replies, yes the effect i am looking for is similar to the xerox logo.
            If any one else has any other ideas let me know.
            Thanks court, i will give it a go as well.

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.