This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Use Forum Code in the "Quick Reply" box

Lots of people have trouble with this at first, and it's really not that difficult once you get the hang of it.

Forum code is different from HTML code, because forum code is inside brackets [like this] and html code is inside <angle brackets> (greater than / less than signs).

Basic text formatting:

Let's say I am posting some text, and I want to make it show up bold or italic. After I type it, I can select the text and click on the "bold" button.

to do this using forum code, you can type in the "bold" tags yourself, like this:

the process is pretty much the same for italic type and underline... as follows:

Last edited by morea; 07-20-2007, 02:03 PM.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

How to link images using the Quick Reply feature:

Here is a thread on GDF called Why are macs better for graphic design? This thread has had - not one - but TWO birthdays. And people still come by and dredge it up and post the same replies that have been posted a bazillion other times. I don't care which you use, I use both, and they both get the job done.

So let's say I want to post a silly little image of a guy beating a dead horse on that thread. (Which I did.) The url for the image I want to post is: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../deadhorse.gif

I need to use image tags to make the image show up in my post.

So to post the image above, I would type this:

when hosting the image yourself on Photobucket, you can just use the bottom link, labelled "Img". That automatically includes the [img] tags, so you don't have to type them. If, for some reason, you WANTED to type the [img] tags, use the first link that photobucket provides, called "Url".

when hosting the image yourself on Imageshack, use the "Direct" link (at the very bottom)

Comment

How to make text into a hyperlink:

Let's say I want to get you all to click on a link, but I don't want to post the url. I want to disguise it, for whatever reason, as something else, like this! (yes, go ahead and click it... you won't be disappointed!)

The way to do that is to assign the actual url to the url tag inside the brackets, like this:

and it would look like this: Welcome to zombo-com. You can do anything at zombo-com.

that's just about everything I can think of. If you guys have questions, or corrections, or heaps of thanks and adoration to shower me with, just holler.

Comment

How to use smilies in the Quick Reply box:

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
          Reply to Portfolio usage of work
          PrintDriver
          Why would you have someone else's work on your portfolio site?
          Why would you not honor a takedown notice?
          Doesn't matter if you don't claim copyright, or even if you credit the work appropriately....
          Yesterday, 07:50 PM
        • John G
          Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
          John G
          I'd recommend colored borders. love it that you can scroll down and I think "get all the information". Unfortunately, it's in a foreign language none of anything seems to whittle anythng down,...
          Yesterday, 07:28 PM
        • MikeTyler
          Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
          MikeTyler
          The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
          Yesterday, 06:31 PM
        • John G
          Reply to visually pleasing web design
          John G
          Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Yesterday, 06:26 PM
        • Thug-D
          Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
          Thug-D
          I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
          Yesterday, 05:58 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X