Be Nice Folks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Nice Folks

It seems every 12 or 18 months I have to post something like this so here goes.

The very first post posted here at the GDF by our founder Allen Harkleroad was a welcome to the forum, a place where graphic designers of ALL skill levels and abilities could share their passion for design in all it variations. The second post was regarding our behavior in doing so. Basically it said be nice, a very simple concept that some of us seem to forget from time to time. We were all newbies at one time, none of us sprang from the womb knowing that CMYK was for print and RGB was for web or that vector was the best format for logos. We learned these things and we should be happy to pass on our learning to others, and if we don't feel like it then we should move on to a thread that does interest us. There really is no requirement that we reply in some form to every single post. Treat others in the same way that we would like to be treated ourselves, it's called the golden rule and I have found it to be a fine way to live. If you can't then there are other forums where different philosophies are practiced, perhaps you would be more happy in one of them.

Thank you,

Your friendly moderator,
    Kool.

bump! (Has it been 18 months already?)

Please keep this in mind, everyone. If you can't reply to a thread in a respectful manner, please don't reply at all. We don't ask people to sugar-coat their comments, but we do request that all members treat one another with courtesy.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Bump!

Don't make us dust off the "Being Unnecessarily Dickish" infraction and start handing them out again.

Comment

Bump...Again.

We've polished the "Dickish" infraction and we're ready to use it.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Bump.
          It's been a while and we have quite a few new members.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Bump.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• asbro
              Plagiarism or not?
              asbro
              Hello everyone! I have a client with an unusual request regarding a folder for a conceptual electronic music album. He asked to copy the Sega Master system logo and replacing the name with his own, like...
              Today, 08:11 AM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Illustrator - Recolouring a vector remains in grayscale
              KitchWitch
              Hi Keluitry and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 07:39 AM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Career advice
              KitchWitch
              Hi Virindi and welcome to GDF.

I agree with PD, job titles differ from one place to another now. The word associate could mean you're a junior-level designer, or it could mean you're a partner...
              Today, 07:36 AM
            • KitchWitch
              Reply to Copyright question - images taken from other websites
              KitchWitch
              I'm not a lawyer and not in Australia, so I can only tell you what I would do here in the U.S. I would contact both websites asking permission to use those photos and how they would like them credited....
              Today, 07:31 AM
            • mixlikes
              Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
              mixlikes
              The website is good with high download speed. As well site is neat and clean.
              Today, 07:14 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X