Graphic Designer CD Cover Game

4 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

Is that a machine for crafting spirits?

4 Likes

Looks like a “C Arm,” used for shooting X-rays during surgery (and sometimes in the morgue, in my experience).

6 Likes

4 Likes

Hang around in morgues, do you?

2 Likes

Heh, not lately. But in the early 1980’s I was a radiologic technologist (the US Army’s term for ‘x-ray technician’), at Fort Belvoir, VA, and operated a C-arm in a dozen or so surgeries and maybe 6 or 7 autopsies. In pre-digital radiography, the time latency of exposing film would be a handicap during procedures like surgery and autopsy. The C-arm was used to position the x-ray tube above the table, and a receiving module aligned below the table, wired to the doctor’s viewing screen that displayed the image in real time, as the radiation passed through the patient undergoing surgery, or the poor expired bloke on the “slab”.

I’m near certain the device pictured is one of those.

It is … I’ve been under one a few times :wink:

mobile-c-arm

1 Like

Interesting. I thought maybe you knew about it from a client or something. I’ve learned a few odd things over the years from having to learn about client products and such.

3 Likes

5 Likes

… or dyeing as the case may be :wink:

4 Likes
2 Likes

6 Likes

Here’s my submission. Too loaded? :see_no_evil: (Goes and hides)

The Band Name: Organ Stop Pizza - Wikipedia

The Quote:
The strongest possible piece of advice I would give any young woman is: Don’t screw around, and don’t smoke.
~ Edwina Currie, in Observer, 1988

Image:

2818819894_3063d0dac5_q

5 Likes

I got a chuckle out of the quote: No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather.

4 Likes

5 Likes