Where can I get the Amazon font?

Is it wasted time? That may be the case for you, but for me, one of the great appeals of this place is exactly that lively debate and other people’s knowledge which allows us to grow, learn and adjust our own viewpoints. It think I would just give up now, in both work and personal growth, if I thought my opinions (and they are usually manifold, strong and often pretty vocal!), would never change in the face of others’ wider experience than those of my own microcosm.

Besides, the wider discussion that unfolded from your original post, was not really opinion-based anyway. It was more a flagging of the wider legal implications of the use of someone else’s intellectual property. Whatever your standpoint on the ethics of intellectual property – and I am surmising, based on your comments, that perhaps yours deviates from legal definition – it exists as a state in law and if contravened, can land you in some very hot water. As B said, the ensuing discussion became relevant to anyone reading, who did not realise this to be the case.

Furthermore, whether I agree or not, with the views on property you alluded to, actually they would interest me to hear more about. Even if my own standpoint was, as you suggest, merely affirmed, it becomes a more honestly-held and defensible one, the more I understand disparate thoughts on the subject. Isn’t that the entire point of discussion? Otherwise we would all just stick to the formative viewpoints fed to us by our parents and never grow.

And here we have yet another 3am, insomnia-driven quasi-rant that was only meant to be a short response!

What the OP is expressing here is a Discord mentality. On Discord, if your conversation goes outside the parameters of the channel hashtag, you are supposed to move your conversation to a different channel. Sometimes moderators there, and often other chat participants, are very VERY insistent on this. Depends on the Server. Some are far more ‘meh.’

GDF is NOT DISCORD.

Different rules apply here.
Just sayin’…

And a discussion of what is currently law regarding intellectual rights is totally appropriate when professional designers discuss sourcing fonts,
(trigger warning: I’d spoiler it for you if I could)
whether you believe in the concept of “property” or not.

(I never actually understood the concept of using spoilers other than for the obvious discussion of TV shows or upcoming events. Of course I’m gonna click it. LOL)

Ha ha. You can do a spoiler cover here, LOL. Oh well. Past the edit timeout. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: