Which designers inspired you the most?

Corita Kent

Such inspiring names! For me personally, I don’t follow designers as such. But there are a lot of people who are inspiring. YouTubers for example. I am a big BIG fan of Lilly Singh, Alex Wassabi, James Charles and a lot of others. They are content creators. And they are just amazing. Their work ethic is awesome! These people are my daily dose of inspiration.

Saul bass?

1 Like

There are lots of graphic designer, but i like some designers, such as:
-Steve Harrington
-Daniel Aristizabal
-Jon Contino
-Anthony Burrill
-Ryan Bosse
-Erik Marinovich
-Lauren Hom

There are loads, but here goes.

Draplin as much for his attitude to work as the work itself.

Paul Rand, Saul Bass, Massimo Vignelli, Fraser Davidson, Von Glitschka (checked if I spelt this right after writing it and I had!!?) Gert van Duinen.

Micheal Bierut has to be number 1 for me though, again I love his attitude to the work and his funny stories of his time with Vignelli always crack me up lol

I have forgotten loads, but this is off the top of my head list.

Oh and those guys from Brooklyn… Young Jerks? They do some lovely stuff.

David Ogilvy is my inspiration of all time.
He was the greatest brand influencer in the world.

Paula Scher

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

Paula Scher is the best.

Manshu Ydoxy
Website Designer

1 Like

wow very nice replies thank you all!!!

I hope this necro-bump is okay.

I got into graphic design only because I thought it would be a more practical way to get into a career in art than say, comic book illustration. I grew up pretty well-versed in comic art, ranging from Bill Sienkiewicz to Frank Quitely.

I go to college for graphic design and I feel totally out of my depth. I never followed any graphic designers growing up, I didn’t know the industry, nothing.

Since then I’ve developed a great appreciate for the work of particular graphic designers. My current favorite is Chip Kidd, and part of that appeal is because I love to read, and he works primarily in designing book covers and books themselves. I like the fact that his work seems to have played up the three dimensionality and texture of a book over digital formats, which makes it more competitive at a time where print is looked at as the underdog. Die cut covers are nothing new of course, but his work on Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki by Murakmi makes me want to buy that book based on cover alone. I grew up fascinated by horror novels featuring luridly painted covers that would be described as representational. And here’s Chip Kidd getting me just as intrigued and fueling my imagination with these more abstract, minimalistic covers.

It’s hard to get inspired when you feel in a rut, or like me, you don’t have the background like others might. But when you find a designer or design that reminds you that this career can be like a playground for the imagination, then it makes you want to do the leg work and go through the mental rigmarole to achieve your current vision.

1 Like

4 year old post …

TS560x560_4043717