Which Macbook Pro to use as a UI/UX Designer?

Thank you very much for explaining. So version 2 (= Apple M1 Pro with 10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine & 32GB unified memory) would probably be enough for what I’m using the laptop for, right? Or would I significantly benefit from 24-core GPU or 32-core GPU?

Yea, I know. I’m totally paying for the brand, but yea…that’s how it is.

Would you also go with version 2 (= Apple M1 Pro with 10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine & 32GB unified memory) if you were me??

Thank you so much!

Yep - I agree with Just-B - that would be more than enough for what you’re doing with some future proofing builtin.

1 Like

Yes. That seems like your most sensible option.

I was just curious as to the price differences.

In fairness, the Mac M1 is way overkill for what you’re doing anyway, as was the PC I put together for price comparison.
But if that’s the lowest option then that is what you can go for now.

But as @Eriskay says - if you can afford a better model now it’s better to get now.

it’s better to a little more now than it is to spend a lot more later.

If you can afford to max out all the specs including processor, RAM, Hard Drive that’s what I would do.

If you want to get it down in price.
I’d only go as low as 32gb RAM and 1TB SSD.

The rest you can pick whatever you want as long as you’re happy with the pricing.

From looing at the Mac website - it’s not that much extra to upgrade to the max Mac M1 chip.

Thank you very much to everyone for answering my questions. I really appreciate it! All the best to you! :slight_smile:

1 Like