Abode (re-read that) And speaking of lawsuits

How much of that 120K is gonna go toward the lawsuit
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/culturehustle/abode-a-suite-of-world-class-design-and-photography-tools

1 Like

I almost wanted to think it was a joke. They have to know Adobe isn’t going to let that go :thinking:

Sometimes the extent of people’s nitwittedness baffles me. It should be evident to anyone that their proposed visual branding is a blatant ripoff of Adobe’s trademarked property. Yet over 1,700 people have poured more than $120,000 into this obvious boondoggle.

In the comments area, people are swooning over what a fantastic idea this is and that they can’t wait for it to be released.

And somehow, these people who have more money than sense don’t seem to realize that a legitimate company, Serif, is already selling licenses to their Affinity suite that already has what this lawsuit-waiting-to-happen boondoggle is promising.

Am I missing something here, or has stupidity become contagious?

Yes … at the very least gullibility.

Sadly missing the point of EULA. You never own software. You purchase a license to use the software.

I’ll make Adobe aware of this and it will be gone soon.

FAQ 3:

I have no idea, but if they come - we are ready for shenanigans. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve not been sued yet, if you scroll down the main page and watch the ‘New Reality’ video you’ll see an IP lawyer talking about some of my previous work. I think everyone knows where I stand on issues like this.

Saying that I’m a contemporary artist and use the medium of satire in my work as a form of social critique. The project is a non-profit, so commerce really isn’t the main point at all. I like to use parody in a lot of my internet art. I believe if an artist authors software, and uses it to be critical it should be protected by the law, just like any other artwork would be.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/culturehustle/abode-a-suite-of-world-class-design-and-photography-tools/faqs

1 Like

This guy is a lawsuit waiting to happen. As of today, he’s raised over 133,000 thousand dollars. This isn’t satire; it’s a scheme to raise money for a competing product while using Adobe’s branding to draw attention to it.

It’s all about artistic parody until you start charging money.
I’ve always wondered how Topps got away with Wacky Packs (still going strong today.)