Advice about these colors for a rebranding

Plezzz

Yes. At the newspaper where I used to work, basic red and blue spot colors were usually available to advertisers at a discount, but process colors were only available on section covers and on pages or signatures where advertisers ran 4-color-process ads. If the number of spot colors requested by advertisers exceeded the fountain capacity of the web presses, the pressmen would need to drop one of the process colors in favor of the advertiser’s spot ink.

Consequently, we’d sometimes manually set screen angles for the spot colors on those section covers to work with the remaining process colors as duotones or tritones. Getting the angles wrong would result in hideous moriĂ©s.

This has always been one of my complaints about Adobe software. They’ve always treated spot colors as an afterthought instead of developing straight-forward built-in methods of dealing with them effectively when merged as screentints and halftones with other ink colors.

The Neons + Pastels Pantone palette wasn’t of much help. Still, I was able to improve the gren gradient and slightly improve the blue one:

But that’s it. I squeezed everything I could out of Pantone.

1 Like

Squeezing gradients out of Pantone colors on screen isn’t the point.
Printing Spot Gradients is not always a good thing on a plate press. Digital handles it a little better, but it is very rare indeed to run across a digital press where there is an extra pot for ONE Pantone spot color (wide format, yor mileage may vary.) Most are CMYK machines, many with a slightly extended gamut that covers some extra Pantones, but the colors in this post? Nope. Not on a bet. That Primary pink on the bottom right is strictly RGB. The Primary Blue on the top right too. The secondary colors, only the orange is problematic.

The orange could be replicated using Pantone 1505 C, 1595 C or 4010 C.

just cuz you can pick it, doesn’t mean you can print it. Anything close to Orange 021 or Reflex Blue is a no go in CMYK.

Absolutely, just because it looks good on screen doesn’t mean anything when it comes to print.

It won’t work.

Or another Pantone color. You just can’t pick random colors and say it will work. You need the printed samples on the stock paper.

And it’s really going the wrong way. Typically not a good idea to start with hex colors and then identify a Pantone.

It’s usually best to get the printed ink correct, then go and identify the cmyk, rgb, hex values.

100%. And reflex blue takes a long time to dry. It’s a color a lot of printers hate.

Thank you. Ill work on that.

Thank you. I’ll work on that.

Thank you for ur ?sarc. It was very needed here.

Thank you for counting. It was very helpful

Yes i am aware, Thank you for pointing it out. You are a good observer.

Thank you very much. I got the chance to learn a lot from you.

The company’s staff and identity is multicultural/multilingual. Along with the various types of product they offer. I was a bit in hurry while posting this. I was not expecting so many responses, but i am grateful.

All I’d say is, just make sure what you learn is correct information, or you could end up in some very costly hot water. When it comes to print, listen to the experts.

Yeah, you are right.

Once again @PrintDriver and @Just-B have nailed it.