AI used to design logo

What AI. tools will help in making or designing a logo or simple design?

The one between your ears.

7 Likes

logos have meanings. As someone studying design, I will find it difficult to create a logo without first researching and thinking on the identity and strategy of what I am creating a logo for.

1 Like

Might point out a few other things too.

1. Logos need to be vector art. Currently, most AI imagery is pixel based. Iā€™ve yet to see one that does vector art (not saying there isnā€™t oneā€¦)
  2. That vector art needs to follow specific production-oriented rules.
  3. Most AI imagery is based on things it has ā€˜seenā€™ when being taught. That would make the logo a ā€˜derivative workā€™ with all the same consequences that are currently plaguing AI art. Can you trademark an AI generated logo? Thatā€™s a gray area at the moment and not one you want your client to be in.
1 Like

there is an AI service that turns images into vectors. I used it to convert an image that had low resolution, so the result wasnā€™t that great.

The last point is surely something to consider.

Even Adobe Illustrator has been able to do that for years, but as you mentioned, the results arenā€™t very good ā€” either technically or aesthetically.

As for the original question of using AI for logo design, there is no AI that can listen to clients, research their needs, or come up with anything thatā€™s a combination of functional, simple, clever, meaningful, nuanced, full of personality, and emotion, targeted to the right audience, and thatā€™s legible and looks good in all the circumstances the clients might need.

As for using AI to do research or create quick variations of a designerā€™s ideas based on uploaded sketches or written instructions that can be subsequently refined by the designer, I can see that being possible. However, I know of nothing that can do it, and I doubt thereā€™s enough interest in it among software developers to make it a priority.

1 Like

If AI can do that, there are two things worth pondering:

One, ā€œlogo designersā€ will cease to exist. Clients order directly from the source AI provider, and everyone (with the exception of the afore-mentioned ā€œlogo designersā€) will be happy.

Two, does no one suspect that I am an ARAI (Advanced Rebel AI)?

Iā€™ve always wondered about you. Now we know.
:wink:

1 Like

I have seen one website where you draw and its draw a logo. You dont have to be a professional to draw, just make uneven lines and its turn into even lines. I dont remember the name of website but if needs will try to find.

I started working on a new logo project yesterday. The client tried to use AI tools, and AI failed miserably.

2 Likes

what was the name of ai?

I donā€™t know the AI platform it was on or what sort of prompts were used.

Are you sure it was an AI resource and not something like this (which makes my teeth hurt from clenching them together to avoid throwing up.)

I can only go by what the client told me. I didnā€™t press him to find out what AI platform was used or if it was more of a generator-type platform.

1 Like