Anatomy of typography

I have doubt about Stroke and Steam…
whether these two things (in attach) are identical, can we call the red line in the letter A steam ?


Thanks a lot

1 Like

A stroke is any component part of a letter form. For stream, I think you may have meant, stem. If so, yes, a stem is the main straight stroke of any glyph.

1 Like

I’m having trouble understanding what you’re asking. Did you use Google for translation?

Sprout explained the difference between stem and stroke. You also mentioned the lines inside the strokes, which are typically called inlines.

I have read it to be that they are asking if the stems on both glyphs are called the same, or if they use different nomenclature.

©2020 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | Twitter | Facebook