Apple Silicon - Adobe Support

On month 5 of using Adobe products on an M1 mac. Theres issues everyweek i.e resizing screens and heavy files with alot of content being boggy.

Its alright and workable and i’ve largely have gotten used to it and expect a crash weekly.
The most dangerous aspect is slack which has M1 support. Sometimes, if im lucky and i get a message it will freeze my app and the only fix is to restart my computer.

(slack is important at my job)

Not sure slack has anything to do with InDesign? Is it a plugin for InDesign or something?

Blame Apple, they released a chip that wasn’t compatible outside of the Apple sphere. Rosetta is supposed to emulate but as time rolls on, it hasn’t been fixed.

I always say to anyone that bought the m1 Mac, did it meet the min requirements for the software? The answer is no, as Adobe clearly stated in the website that Intel or Amd was required.

And Apple did another stupid thing recently. They changed how the ui on Apple works.

Now Adobe had to change how files save from Photoshop. There is no longer the option to choose file>save and select a file format only option now is psd.
You have to use Save a Copy to access the different output formats.

Photoshop users are going crazy over this, all the scripts/actions/etc no longer work.

Apple are either giant dickheads or don’t have a clue what they’re doing.

The rule usually is; never ascribe to malice that which can equally ascribed to stupidity. I think this example may be the exception that proves the rule.

That’s great.

Hanlons Razor

1 Like