Supposed to be open source clones of the entire Adobe suite, rewritten using completely new code
Interesting. It would be nice if there were a free trial. But you have to sign up and pay to try anything. ![]()
I don’t know anything about them, but it looks like it is free and open source. You can pay for a subscription (but you don’t have to) which includes some benefits and AI.
Ahh ok. I clicked on create image and was taken to a subscription page when I tried. ![]()
Interesting find. Before trusting any new “Adobe alternative” with real client work, a few things I’d check: (1) the actual license — plenty of tools market themselves as “open source” while keeping the core code closed, so look for the license text rather than the marketing copy; (2) file portability — can you export layered PSD, print-ready PDF, and SVG files that open cleanly elsewhere, so your work isn’t trapped if the company pivots or shuts down; (3) color management and CMYK support, which is exactly where most new tools fall apart for print work; and (4) where your files live — a browser/cloud tool that stores your projects on its servers is a bigger commitment than a desktop app you can walk away from. Nothing wrong with trying it on a personal project first, but I’d keep the paying work in tools that have already proven themselves on points 2 and 3.
I tried it yesterday - it opened an InDesign file with no drama and with a bit of trial and error I was able to make some amends and export a PDF.
This software is not ready - there are lots of things that don’t work or don’t work well, but this is very close and I believe that it’s potentially a viable alternative to scumbag Adobe. I would happily donate/subscribe to this.
I don´t know what to think about this … Better to use the traditional tools, affinity designer and alternatives! Even Adobe Express is really useful!