Ask for help

Hi, Dears,

do you have any idea how can I make a photo like this? I particularly mean how can I add some blur points on my picture like the attached!

Thanks for the help!

Several ways to achieve this look.
– Shoot the original image with a shallow depth of field.
– Blur the image in Photoshop and use a mask to selectively apply the blur.
– Shoot original image with a high ISO and/or add film grain digitally.
– Add the dust/scratches in Photoshop.

The latter two points don’t affect the blur. Consider them bonus tips.

Dear Steve, thanks for your kind help. I’m not sure if my question is clear enough or not as I’m not a native speaker :). Anyway, I’m mainly concerned with the white things, which seems like the texture of an old book on the picture. I would be appreciate it if you can let me know how can I make that white things!

Thanks!

My last two suggestions would help you get the texture I believe you’re looking for.

– Shoot original image with a high ISO and/or add film grain digitally.
– Add the dust/scratches in Photoshop.

Film grain can be added digitally. Multiple ways to do this depending on what programs you run. I’d suggest searching for “adding film grain to photo with ______” and fill in whatever program you use.

Maybe if you post an image of only the parts you’re asking about?

It looks like a scan from a dirty film negative or slide. Before digital photography became the norm, I’d spend hours meticulously removing the kind of thing you’re wanting to put back in. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a filter to add this kind of thing back in, but I’m not aware of it.

Thanks Steve, I found it by the keyword “Dust Texture”.