Asking for free e-books/courses for design

Hello, I am a graphic design student.
I want to complement my studies with some extra free online resources.
Can you suggest me some?
I want to study and understand typography better , color and design principles in general.
Thank you.

1 Like

Free is pretty much worth every penny you pay for it. So I really don’t.

But Linked-In Learning may have some student deal you can buy in on for short money. While I can’t totally endorse them (I’ve seen mechanical errors that drive me insane as a printer) they may have some stuff worthwhile to you.

I would like to find some resources myself where you can study for free. But the maximum is YouTube training, articles, and practice. Unfortunately, for a full excursion you need to pay at least a minimum.

Exactly this. Free usually comes with a heavy cost.

It all depends what you want to do. If you are looking to become a hobbyist, then some online courses may be fine. However, if you want to be a pro, then you need a good, degree-level education (dnot remote, online), from a decent, real-world university. Hen you need four or five years of experience in a studio environment before you should ever think about going freelance. There’s a lot to learn and it is not something you’ll ever get from a few 20-minute online courses, I’m afraid.

It’s difficult to learn something useful about graphic design without spending any money at all.

If you’re on a budget, try Domestika.

You should also remember to always check the credentials of your potential teacher.

1 Like