Awesome new features of Adobe Illustrator CC 2019

the new features of Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is really Awesome . I agree with you .

Adobe Illustrator does vector graphics, which is great for print media. I use it for making publication quality figures. eg. Setting fonts, doing layouts, or making cartoons.

I used a XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro graphics display tablet , it’s nice for Illustrator because of its plug and play compatibility and ease of use.

You shouldn’t be doing multipage layouts in Illustrator. In fact, I wish they never made Illustrator a multipage program because people abuse this feature a lot. InDesign is far superior for doing multipage layouts and it has better color and image control.

And the worst feature in Illustrator is the in-program image cropping. Just Don’t.

1 Like

Well, the multipage feature shouldn’t be used as a substitute for InDesign, but I’ve found Illustrator especially useful for small back/front projects, like trifolds, flyers, cards, etc., which I typically prefer building in Illustrator.

InDesign is fantastic for multipage documents that depend on continuity, consistent styles, jumps, master pages, etc. For the more freeform kinds of things I tend to do for simple, one-sheeters, I find InDesign just too confining and rigid.

I think the problem comes into play with designers who really don’t know the strengths, weaknesses and limitations of the two programs, then use the one that’s least appropriate for the job. Photoshop falls into this mix too, since it’s not often the right tool to build a complete layout, however there are occasions when it is an acceptable tool for doing just that.

1 Like

B, I agree with you completely.
On all counts.

I print a lot of things out of photoshop that are appropriately done in photoshop. BIG things. But they fall more into the realm of scenery, rather than billboards or hand held publications and they don’t contain legible text.

@iraszl,
Thanks for this announcement of the latest features introduced in ADOBE CC 2019. We could be able to produce designs and images reflecting the variety and new features.
Best.
Thanks

Didn’t know about those features, thanks for pointing it out.

Too bad Illustrator 2021 just released last Monday.
Might want to update to the newer features, one of which is an extended artboard that can all kinds of mess things up if you do it unknowingly.

The new features are highlighted on their site

Looks like the textbox in AI acts more like InDesign.
Kinda makes resizing things slightly more annoying.

It’s my humble opinion that as far as text goes, Illustrator is a one-and-done kind of thing.
If you already know you will be resizing, just set it in InDesign, which has a lovely new feature to resize your artwork if you resize the artboard. At least they changed it from default to a checkbox. When they first added the feature it was an automatic resize of content. Oooh boy. The first few prints I sent through almost cost me a lot of money… Luckily I, and my tech, caught it about the same time. I was calling her just as she was about to pick up the phone. LOL!

There are two sorts of text in Iluustrator: Point text and Paragraph Text.

Point text is nice if you want to do things visually

Paragraph text works like in Indesign

Whatever you startyour text with, at the right hand side you have a little arm.

With your selection tool active you can double click on the dot and it will switch from point text to paragraph and vice versa

1 Like