Batch change colour of text in image

We’ve already told you what software to use.

I couldn’t care less if you get a negative or positive review. You are scamming people offering services that you don’t know how to do.

@Smurf2 ty for the help

To be honest - you’ve fulfilled the request - and now they are asking to change 150 images to something else?

You should really charge them more. 150 images would take about 1 minute per image to change manually.

That’s 150 minutes of work.

That’s 2.5 hours work.

You should charge them more.

$20 for all of them?!!! Jesus!

Do some research into how much you should be charging for that sort of work – but – charging only if you are experienced and qualified to do so.

As smurf says, we have all spent years learning how to communicate visually. It is not just about changing colours and which software to use. It is, fundamentally, about how to say the right things to the right people, in the right way. This is not something you do for $20. Honestly, Smurf is right, if you need $20 that badly (and I’m not belittling that – we’ve all been there), you’d be better off working in a supermarket. You will never build a sustainable career without knowledge and working on crowd-source sites will never build you a career. They are all about driving expectation down to the lowest common denominator. A, Pile ’em high, sell ’em cheap, box-shifting approach to design. It, simply doesn’t work. As proven by the fact you are doing 150 infographics for £20. I wouldn’t touch that for 20 or 30 times that amount.

Do you see what I mean about a race to the bottom? If people think that the worth of the work is £20, then that is what they will expect to pay. A seasoned designer can bring real value to a job and therefore justify higher costs, because they translate into effective communication for the company (thus higher profits). Someone in your position, with no education and no knowledge cannot, but that then becomes what clients expect to pay. Of course, this does not mean they will get a quality product for that money, so the whole thing gets pulled down to cheap work that simply won’t do the job it is meant to do. That said if a client values their business so little, they will get what they pay for.

If you have a passion for design (and an aptitude), there are no short cuts. You will need the passion to get you through the hard times of working your way through college, gaining experience for just enough money to feed, clothe and house yourself. Only then, do you have value to bring to the table. At that point you can start charging reasonable money for the skills you bring.

Hence, my rather flip, ‘Don’t work for crowd-source sites.’ comment. It’s not good for you. It’s not good for clients. It’s not good for the industry and it certainly is not going to foster quality work.

$20! Honestly, I’m shocked.

I get your tenacity and willingness to earn your stripes, but if you are going to put that hard yards in, at least run in the right direction. If you work out how many hours it took you to do, plus how many to amend and divide that by $20. I bet the hourly rate isn’t looking to healthy. Walmart pay better, I’m sure.

When I first went into business, I worked for one year at what I thought was a reasonable hourly rate. After that year, my accountant said to me. ‘Double it.’ ‘What?’ said I. ‘Double it. You have the skills knowledge and experience (4 years at college then 5 years working at an agency in London. Plus, now, one year working for myself). ‘If you don’t, you will never be taken seriously and you’ll resign yourself to the little leagues.’ He was right. I did. It worked. I started getting all sorts of clients I never imagined I would.

If you go to a shop and see two wallets. One is $3 and the other $300. You have a perception and expectation about the quality of each. You know the $3 will last five minutes and fall to bits and was likely made by exploited children in the Far East. That said, you can’t simply charge $300 for a $3 wallet. You have to be able to back the bullshit up. It has to be actually worth $300.

Apologies if this all sounds like a personal barrage. It’s not. We just see this happening all the time and it is not a healthy trend. A few people are getting very wealthy off the back of it, but I am pretty sure one of them won’t be you. Certainly not at £20.

Good luck

1 Like

Did you even design these?

https://yandex.com/images/search?cbir_page=similar&pos=3&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftemp-ca.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fcdn-files%2F306251161sst1614337547.png%3FX-Amz-Content-Sha256%3DUNSIGNED-PAYLOAD%26X-Amz-Algorithm%3DAWS4-HMAC-SHA256%26X-Amz-Credential%3DAKIA2YDWKLAVUAFT3HFY%2F20210226%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request%26X-Amz-Date%3D20210226T110547Z%26X-Amz-SignedHeaders%3Dhost%26X-Amz-Expires%3D300%26X-Amz-Signature%3D9948f16e85224787a90332bae61c2fe48f0301da4275c40288582f3889880d9d&img_url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-sin6-1.cdninstagram.com%2Fv%2Ft51.2885-15%2Fsh0.08%2Fe35%2Fs640x640%2F133266715_398574308060839_5034213103938040781_n.jpg%3F_nc_ht%3Dscontent-sin6-1.cdninstagram.com%26_nc_cat%3D107%26_nc_ohc%3DVKiI1V_PDCEAX9jGdIk%26tp%3D1%26oh%3Dfd1253ea82434ad99db5084d1e040a90%26oe%3D60190E0A&rpt=imageview&source=collections

https://www.instagram.com/businessmentorbg/

[A very unsurprising] Ouch!

1 Like

The user contacted my privately and says that the content is only an example.

If they post the actual images they are trying to change - might be able to help.

But until then - the answer is aluding.

8a0vl83

1 Like

How cynical we become!! I love it!

Yes, I’ve just had a PM through too. Apparently they can’t post again for 18 hours as they have exceeded their maximum posts for a newbie.

1 Like