Book of concept art for my essay

Hello, I’m new to this forum, joined because I’ve been stuck for weeks
So I currently work on my essay now about creating a concept art, but I have one major problem right now. I need to find a book, that is inside the book, the writer or someone is actually stated “What a concept are is…”
That’s just it, and I’ve been looking for lots of concept art book, but nobody write what a concept art is, most of the book just goes straight to the how to find idea, the method, etc.
And it’s just made me crazy, I only need the one sentence, “Concept art is…bla bla bla” T.T
My lecturer would only give his permission for me to do my essay if I could find a book above.

Anyone here know what book or where I could find it? Somebody help me T.T
Thank you in advance, and really sorry for my bad english

That seems an odd requirement. There aren’t a lot of actual books out there specifically on concept art. Certainly not general-knowledge type books. If you are looking into these, you should already have some idea what it is and how to go about creating it. Most are inspirational only.

I don’t know the answer to your question, but maybe this book would have those words in that order in it’s intro section. Just…good luck laying hands on a copy of it. Seems it’s a “collectible.”
The Ultimate Concept Art Career Guide

How about this?

From this book.

It doesn’t define concept art but it does provide a description of what a concept artist does, which is, essentially, a different route to describing the same thing.

To learn how to write an editorial essay, it is important to initially know what is an editorial essay? An editorial is a newspaper article based on the writer’s ideas. The writer decides to write on any topic they want, however, since they are part of newspapers, people tend to write more and more about social and current issues.

This is almost a year old and the OP hasn’t been back since this posting :wink:

Closing this up.