Brochure / Invitation Critique

So ask yourself, why would someone want a popular or the latest style of clothing…or behaviour?

Why don’t you personally wear Pajama’s or rags when you leave home? Because of how you will be perceived (based on social hierarchy’s).

Seeing someone in public wearing pajamas may be perceived as laziness; Someone wearing rags, homeless; Someone in a business suit, respectable; Someone wearing baggy clothes, a hoodlem. So on and so forth.

One would argue that by mere apperiance we judge and place people on socio-economic scales. Then place those people either above or below us on the social scale. And all based on the type of clothes, behaviour, hairstyle—or fashion we wear.

The context is subjective to the individual defining the argument, which I think we’ve both established :sweat_smile:

Sparrow, I completely agree with you that our hair, clothing, etc. choices tell the world how we want to be perceived. That’s human nature, and a large scale philosophical reality.

But… in this limited context, the target market is young people who want to be seen as fashionable and cutting edge, by their peers. I don’t think they’re that concerned about how others on the socioeconomic scale see them.

Different, edgy and new are relevant to them. Elegant… not so much. That’s all I’m sayin’.

So, I’m not disagreed with your argument on being fashionable and cutting edge et cetera. I’m speaking specifically to ZARA and ZARA’s Collection 19. The image you have used as an example is not from ZARA, nor does it represent Collection 19.

If you visit the ZARA site, and browse through Collection 19, you will see there is more “elegance” than “cutting edge”

I am “them”, I have shopped at ZARA, it’s cheap elegance. Yes they have some weird, edgy clothes, but this project is specific to Collection 19. Which is where I would disagree with your argument fundamentally–as it pertains to this project. But I’d agree with your general analysis of fashion, or fashionability, because it’s subjective.

Okay, well, I don’t shop at Zara, so you got me there. :smiley: I’m more “Free People.” But I do agree with your point about the elegance in Zara’s Collection 19.

I got caught up in the side question of socioeconomic scales and what fashion is all about, and enjoyed our discussion. Thanks, Sparrow. :slight_smile:

Yes, sorry I threw a curve ball in there :sweat_smile:

I also enjoyed the discussion, I’m a big fan of banter–feels like mental jogging. Hopefully we can agree/disagree on other topics :blush:

I’m sure we can make that happen! :grinning:

I’m glad my post was able to promote this dialog :smile:

All your feedback has helped. There are a lot of considerations I need to be thinking about when designing stuff… even if it’s for school work. :+1:

1 Like

A bit late but I like the overall aesthetic. The Zara logo itself is problematic, but that’s their fault, not yours. The way you have laid out the images I can image the columns being animated very easily and showing video inside the windows.

I would have selected a range of images for the inside. The outside has different coloured outfits, why the white-only outfits inside?

I agree with the others, this lacks a solid grid. Mark out your margins and keep them consistent. It will give an overall tidier composition.

You spelled “invited” wrong. But at least you’re consistent :wink: