Buying products for their logo

I had a friend in college who had a forbidden microwave in their dorm room.
They had a set of rabbit-ear antennae on the top - instant TV (back then.)

3 Likes

Yes and no. In hindsight I exaggerated in my initial post when I said that I was buying it puely because of the logo, this is not true - there definitely are other features and factors that are influencing my decision making.

What I probably should have said is that a prominantly placed permanant logo that is :poop: affects the aesthetics of a given product and I consider that when weighing up what to buy if it’s something that I’m going to have see frequently or on a product that might be seen to be reflect back on my personal taste.

Regarding the story of your mates and their $2.5K Mac - you’re right, they might look down at me for having a Windows machine and other people will see me and have different opinions about me and my set up based upon their personal experiences too. I guess what matters to me, is whether I feel like I’m representing myself in a way I feel proud of. :thinking:

I think that’s something that will vary from person to person, some people will care, others won’t even consider it.

Ah that clarifies it - thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.