Bye-bye to Twitter's bird logo (maybe)

English is not my native language, sorry for the typo. In Polish his name could be written as Ilon.

1 Like

I doubt that’s the case. I suspect he simply thinks it’s cool and is a good name for what he intends to do with the company. Remember that he also owns SpaceX and was pushing to name PayPal X when he was involved there.

He seems to be an excellent example of someone who always believes that he knows more than the experts. X is a terrible name for a social media company. It’s quite easy to come up with a dozen reasons why, but egotists and narcissists, such as Musk, think they know better.

1 Like

Why don’t you admit that he can be fascinated by the occult, like Hitler or Stalin for example? His Halloween costume was with Baphomet symbols and an inverted cross last year. He used the Twitter avatar with this Halloween costume for several months.

I noticed that eye symbolism could be found even in the Soviet Union’s national emblem.

I did not suggest Musk couldn’t be fascinated by the occult. I said that I doubted his renaming of Twitter had anything to do with the occult.

Please note that my use of the word doubt equates to some degree of uncertainty. That said, it’s a stretch to conclude that someone’s choice of a Halloween costume might be a reflection of underlying beliefs.

I have no idea why you’re comparing two relatively uneducated thugs and mass murderers to Musk, but that’s beside the main point.

More to the point is that Musk has degrees from the University of Pennsylvania in physics and economics. He was also accepted into Stanford’s Applied Physics and Material Science PhD program. Very few formally trained scientists and physicists place any credence in supernatural bullsh*t.

Musk could be the exception, I suppose, but I see no evidence that’s even remotely persuasive.

One question, what do you think X symbolize?

It is very easy to compare Musk to Hitler since Musk is a representative of the technocracy, which seeks the total control that technology gives. Please, compare the behavior of technocrats and their fascination with the occult to the behavior of the dictators of the 20th century. Have you heard that Musk plans to turn Twitter into a Chinese version of WeChat? And WeChat is just about control, social ranking, and other dictatorial stuff. I really wish I was wrong.

I don’t know, but Musk seems enamored with it. Perhaps it has to do with X being the algebraic symbol for an unknown quantity, as in his idea of expanding Twitter’s offerings to be something akin to WeChat.

Hitler murdered millions of people. Musk is a successful businessman. I’m skeptical of comparisons to Nazis — they occupy their own little fetid corner of Hell.

A technocracy is a theoretical form of government where technical expertise and competence in various subjects are the driving factors behind people’s placements into governmental positions that would benefit from that expertise. This is in opposition to the usual methods of political popularity, political wrangling, elections, force, heredity, ideological dogmas, etc.

The underpinning philosophy of technocracy is competence, not control.

I’m not aware of any fascination with the occult by technocrats. For that matter, I’m unaware of any government that could be called a technocracy. Besides, belief in occult nonsense would run contrary to the principles behind a technocracy.

I suspect your definition of technocrat differs from that found in the dictionaries. Perhaps you could explain a bit more what you mean by a technocrat.

I think Musk is more interested in playing games, making money, having fun, telling stupid jokes, going to Mars, and acting like a 52-year-old child than in achieving dictatorial control.

English barrier. The word isn’t Technocrat.
The concept relates to Musk’s belief in the Technological Singularity, and his solution is to merge Man with Machine before it’s too late (his Neuralink device.)

It’s more Sci-Fi than occult, but the Singularity could be in process if AI is allowed to self-improve beyond where man can control it.

As for “eyes” and Xes and all that symbolism, yeah, tinfoil hat stuff. Dan Brown’s books are fiction.