Can I control default font settings on my documents when I send them out

We are using a special font for all our standard documents (presentation letters, offer of services documents, contracts, portfolio, etc).
We usually sent out these documents to clients in a PDF format, so we don’t have issues with font substitution. But we might sometimes need to send out the original word or exceI documents. Is there a way to set a default font to our documents so that when these originals are sent out, the person opening them that don’t have our special font installed will end up opening a font selected by us? Ideally, we don’t want to have to select all text and switch it before sending it out.

We are not expecting to use our special font to set that default. We just want to make sure it doesn’t open with weird symbols (we also have documents in french, so letters with accents) or in a font we dislike. That way we could set it up to a standard font that is similar looking from our special font.

I don’t know that I’m explaining this correctly… Thanks!

I’m not sure about Excel. But in Word and Powerpoint you can embed fonts when saving on PC. Go to file/options … then select Save and click the “embed fonts” checkbox. You can either embed the whole font, or a subset.

You can only embed on PC though, not on a Mac and I assume that if viewed on a Mac the fonts would not be embedded.

You are correct, this is a common problem for me working on a Mac. I usually ask the client to resend as a PDF although even then the text can move around. In one extreme example the client had no clue about font embedding so I asked for a screenshot so I could rebuild the document (it was a single page).

I don’t think it’s possible in either Word or Excel, but the latest version of PowerPoint for Macintosh allows font embedding: https://bit.ly/2x4jKKg

Well, not exactly. Its only to some sort of “insider fast” community (sounds like some sort of beta) and only to Office 365 subscribers. Lately Microsoft has been pushing people to the subscription model by including new and “useful” features only to Office 365 subscribers. But if you outright buy Office you get a more watered down version. Aren’t subscriptions to software fun?!

Yes, I neglected to mention that. So far, though, they’re only making it available to Office 365 subscribers and only then for those who check the box saying they’re willing to use their “insider fast” updates, which like you, I’m interpreting as meaning not-quite-bullet-proof beta software.

I had an ongoing job come along a couple of weeks ago where I needed this feature, so I went ahead and signed up for it. I couldn’t get it to work with TypeKit fonts, however. I’m not sure what the deal was there, but it doesn’t surprise me.

I do interpret this as something of a good sign, though, in that Microsoft seems to be doing at least some work updating their Office suite for Macs. I’d be willing to bet, though, that new features in future releases will be through subscriptions.

Yup. The list of “bonus features” that Office 365 users get is ever-growing.

I also want to know the same things, I checked this link and I found there is font embedding option allowed for mac

See the discussion above. Font embedding is allowed, but for Office 365 subscribers, who have opted into a “beta” program and it doesn’t work with all fonts.