Can you tell me if you like the content and relevant or if i should change and what to change?
here is the link:
Can you tell me if you like the content and relevant or if i should change and what to change?
here is the link:
I donāt have instagram and no plans to get it.
Can you not post the images here for review? I have no desire to add click counts on social media, sorry.
I donāt do instagram either. Your question seems overly broad. Instagram is all about you. Why do you want strangers to tell you want to change and what is relevant?
I have seen your Instagram channel, it is too much colour, just try to find information about this: āColour Theory guideā. There are too many different colours, and try to use less of them.
And I hope this helps !
The previous comment about your overuse of colours, I have to disagree with entirely. Even though brightly saturated colours are not my personal aesthetic go-to, unless a job requires it, ā like your international colour day graphic ā I think the comments for you to learn colour theory was a little harsh.
I had a look at your portfolio and there are some nice pieces of work.(FWIW, I think your portfolio is stronger than your Instagram posts)
Overall, I think you have some lovely, clean work. Are there some things Iād change? Yes; but I can see that you already have a good understanding of type and white space and balance ā and colour.
Itās not often that I am not critical, but Iād say you are very much headed in the right direction. Keep going.
On a practical level, Iād perhaps look at getting a domain name. Canva is not a great professional look for your URL. Itās good that Canva is a skill you have, but for most professional designers it tells the wrong story. It is seen as a tool for amateurs.
Finally, your home page has a large headline that says, āstars hereā I am guessing that should be, starts here, otherwise it doesnāt make much sense.
Iād also think some of the language you use is a little esoteric. It could do with changing the tone a bit to be more pragmatic and clear cut. I appreciate that English is probably not your first language. In which case, Itās always a good idea to get a mother-tongue speaker to go through it. I speak Italian fairly well, but if I need to use it seriously, I always ask my ex-wife, who is Italian (and an editor and translator ā which is handy) to look it over. I often miss the subtleties ā mind you, I do that in English too.
Anyway, if I were hiring and you were looking, youād definitely be on the āyesā pile.
For those not on Instagram, hereās a direct link to the OPās portfolio site.
Woah! I really like your work ā especially your color combinations contrasted against the clean backgrounds. Itās very nice, and Iām not easily impressed. If I were still in a position to hire a designer, I would not look any further. As early in your career as you are, Iāve not seen better at your experience level.
The only thing that bothers me a bit is your logo. Itās simple, clean, and conceptually fine. However, thereās an optical illusion youāve overlooked. When the top half of an S is the same size as the bottom, it appears top-heavy. Look at well-designed similar typefaces; the top loop is always smaller than the bottom, and for good reason. Visual symmetry is more important than geometric symmetry.
autocorrect has me driven crazy ātheyāreā
If youāre looking for advice on improving your social media graphic, Iād say start with the basicsākeep it simple, readable, and focused on one main message. Iāve noticed that when a design tries to communicate too many things at once, the main point often gets lost.
A few things I usually check before posting a graphic:
Is the main message clear within a few seconds?
Is the text easy to read on a mobile screen?
Are the fonts and colours consistent?
Is there enough spacing between different elements?
Does the design look balanced without feeling too crowded?
If thereās a CTA, is it short and easy to understand?
Iāve also been trying to understand the fundamentals of better social media design, and while scrolling through different agency profiles, I came across (Advertising removed). I was actually quite impressed by some of their work because the designs felt clean and well-structured. Even just looking through their creatives can give you a decent idea of how typography, spacing, colours, and visual hierarchy work together.
That said, Iād focus more on understanding why a particular design works rather than simply copying its style. Once you get those basics right, your own designs tend to improve naturally.
I hate to make posts that donāt add anything, but Iāll do it anyway. Thatās fantastic advice that deserves more than just a ālike.ā
Other than they were a first time user plugging their own website in their very first post:
Thanks, Craig. I missed that part. I removed the mention and suspended their account for disingenuously trying to sneak in an advertisement.
On a side note, I am about to get my very first smart phone! I finally need it to edit a clientās website so it works as they want on their phone.
I never had a smart phone and never wanted to have one, so I told them they would have to buy me one if they wanted me to be able to do as they ask.
They agreed!
Sadly, it has to be an iPhone (I hates apple) but if they pay for it and still pay for my work - I guess I can break my smart phone boycott and see if I can figure out how than dang things work (I only ever used one once in my life, for a telephone interview at a chemical plant) (The owner of the phone set it all up so I didnāt even really use it, just did an interview on it without ever touching it!).
©2026 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | X | Facebook