Canva / Adobe CC workflow suggestions

Hello everyone! I’m a designer on a comms & marketing team. Self-taught, and work exclusively in the Adobe ecosystem (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).

My teammate, who manages social media, designs in Canva. And right now, we don’t have any good processes for collaborating, sharing resources and assets, etc… I’m just beginning to think through this topic, so I’m really open to anything. How do you collect, organize, make available? In either direction - Canva to Adobe or vice versa?

I think you will find most here do not use Canva. The professional standard are Adobe products. Some are just starting to use Affinity software. But, rarely have I heard anyone talking about Canva … in a good way :wink:

The graphics needs of social media managers are usually uncomplicated. Typically, they involve little more than a constant stream of new images — sometimes dressed up with graphics of one kind or another.

At my previous job, our social media manager used Canva and was primarily self-sufficient in producing what she needed using that platform. She wasn’t a graphic designer, so when she needed something that extended beyond what she could do herself using Canva’s canned solutions, she asked one of the designers on the team.

There were never any coordination problems in this arrangement. It didn’t require any special procedures to organize, collect, or manage. Playing it by ear as needs arose worked just fine for us. For that matter, it worked so well that I’m wondering about the problems you’re running into.

professional standard are Adobe products

©2021 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | Twitter | Facebook