ChatGPT

Run the script in indesign - save it as a .jsx file

The Chat GPT is great - it will even tell you where to save the file and execute it in InDesign.

1 Like

Was talking to a mate yesterday, he was showing me a novel he’d got ChatGPT to write, was actually pretty entertaining. You have to wonder whose job is safe?

Bingo.

1 Like

Sure, I can help you generate a bingo card! Here’s a simple Python code that can generate a random bingo card:

pythonCopy code

import random

# Define the bingo card as a 5x5 matrix
bingo_card = [[0]*5 for _ in range(5)]
bingo_card[2][2] = "FREE"  # The center square is always marked as "FREE"

# Define the bingo letters and numbers
letters = ["B", "I", "N", "G", "O"]
numbers = list(range(1, 76))

# Shuffle the numbers for each letter and fill the bingo card
for i, letter in enumerate(letters):
    column = random.sample(numbers, 5)
    for j in range(5):
        if j == 2 and i == 2:
            continue  # Skip the center square
        bingo_card[j][i] = f"{letter}{column[j]}"

# Print the bingo card
for row in bingo_card:
    print(row)

This code creates a 5x5 matrix to represent the bingo card, with the center square marked as “FREE”. It then shuffles the numbers from 1 to 75 for each letter (B, I, N, G, O) and fills the bingo card accordingly, except for the center square. Finally, it prints the bingo card to the console.

What are we going to do when Spammers start using chatgpt to make coherent first posts and spam emails? (I’m sure it’s been done.)

With anything that is brought into the world for the good of humankind - there are always people who will use it nefariously.

Worst will be with the chat comes to you via your bank and or other financials.

Already had a co-worker who’s bank details were asked to be changed coming from his email address to change the account details to another account.

I’m sure this same email went to millions of people and it only takes a small percent to get through the nets to gain criminals millions in stolen finances.

I’m pretty sure there was someone who created a computer program in a bank they worked for to remove any decimal cents from an account and transfer it to their own. Which meant anyone with $109824.74 in their account the .74 was wiped off.

It only came to light when the manager noticed all the accounts were

etc.

I’m pretty sure a computer program with AI could be a lot more sophisticated and wipe a random percentage of the cents from accounts and it would be completely unnoticeable.

Anyway, I welcome our new AI overlords.

I asked ChatGPT to do a little of that. Here was its reply. :rofl:

Interesting:

Question: What do you think of the crowdsourcing services for graphic designers

Reply:
As an artificial intelligence language model, I don’t have personal opinions, but I can provide some general information on crowdsourcing services for graphic designers.

Crowdsourcing services for graphic designers can be a useful way for businesses and individuals to get access to a large pool of creative talent at a relatively low cost. These services allow clients to post a design brief and receive multiple design submissions from a community of designers. The client can then select the design they like best and award the winning designer with a prize or payment.

One of the benefits of crowdsourcing services for graphic designers is that clients can receive a wide range of design concepts from a diverse pool of designers. This can result in a higher quality design, as it allows for a broader range of creative input.

However, it’s worth noting that crowdsourcing services have been criticized for exploiting designers and undervaluing their work. Designers who participate in these services may have to work on multiple design concepts without payment, and the winning prize may not be commensurate with the amount of work they put into the project. Additionally, some designers may submit copied or unoriginal designs in an attempt to win the contest, which can lead to issues with intellectual property rights.

Overall, crowdsourcing services for graphic designers can be a useful tool for clients who are looking for a variety of design options at a relatively low cost. However, it’s important to consider the potential drawbacks and to ensure that designers are fairly compensated for their work.

1 Like

I remember a Superman movie where Richard Prior, as a mega-big-company clerk, wrote a program to put all half minute overages of employee paychecks into his paycheck. Which worked - until he drove to work in a Ferrari…

Did the AI know you are a designer? :slight_smile: I wonder what it would have said if your search history showed you to be the corporate penny pincher. :laughing:

I feel bad for copywriters. Hate to think what’s being said in their forums right now.

All this reminds me of my dad’s business. He was self-employed and made 35mm slide/tape presentations starting in the mid 70s. Then Powerpoint comes out around 90. People can make their own presentations. They don’t need to send type to a typesetter, do paste ups, process film, book time in a recording studio, or program multiple slide projectors to sync so slides can have fading transitions. By 95 it’s installed on everyone’s computers. In 2000 he’s the last guy around still doing it the old way, and by 2002 he was out of business. It was a very rapid shift in technology. I covered at his office for a month during that final year while he was away and the phone didn’t ring at all, and no emails came in. It was sobering. All this stuff with AI is deja vu.

Superman 3. Also a plot point in Office Space.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 259 days. New replies are no longer allowed.