Chewy

My wife likes to order things from Chewy — the online pet supply store. When our 16-year-old beagle died a couple of months ago, she needed to cancel some automatic refill orders.

When she called them, they not only canceled the orders, they unexpectedly gave her an immediate refund on the last order. A couple of weeks later, they even sent a bouquet of white roses with a card.

I know it’s a marketing thing for them, but it made my wife extremely happy. I’m pretty sure they have a customer for life (as soon as we get a new dog). They also get free positive advertising on social media (and here too, I suppose). For that matter, it’s probably some of the savviest marketing I’ve ever encountered.

8 Likes

What a kind and thoughtful gesture. :heart:

Both my sisters order from Chewy. They both have a herd of animals to feed. I’ve never done it … I just might now though :wink:

Wow that’s really nice, reminds me of that story about Zappos and the guy delivering the customers shoes to their wedding!

1 Like

That’s wonderful.

Sorry for your loss. And I hope it went beyond marketing.

Holy crap that teared me up. I’m sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear your beagle passed. The loss of a dog is so hard.

I’m not surprised Chewy did that. They have the best customer service of any company I’ve ever done business with. They send us Christmas cards every year.

2 Likes