Coca-Cola Dives Into The Alcopop Market

http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2018/5/30/coca-cola-dives-into-the-alcopop-market

Coca-Cola has hopped on the alcopop train for the first time in their 125-year history with the introduction of Lemon-Do in Japan.

Alcopop, a combination of alcohol and soda pop, hit the consumer streets in the early 1990s thanks to Coors and Zima.

Shōchū (焼酎) is a Japanese distilled beverage less than 45% alcohol by volume.

45% yikes!! :flushed: Too bad it’s not on shelves around me. I’d try it! What about you?

1 Like

Somehow I can’t see Coca-cola, the family time kids’ drink going the Rum&Coke route in the US.
45% alcohol??? I like a nice party buzz, not a blackout moment. Certainly not from a soda product.

1 Like

We will never see this here.

I couldn’t drink it anyway. I’m such a lightweight. I have a drink about twice a year. After one small drink I’m ready for bed. Two sips of 45% and I’d be on the floor lmao :smiley:

Oh, I don;t think the Coke product has a 45% proof alcohol content. It has Shōchū (焼酎) i in it, and since I had no idea what that is, I had to look up and discovered it’s crazy potent. :scream_cat:

I bet the Lemon-Do soda has like one micro-spritz of the stuff.

Yeah, I want some.

1 Like

Oh I gotcha :slight_smile:

The Lemon-Do reminds me of a drink we made about 20 years ago… when I could drink :wink:

Called Pucker-Dew … we mixed Grape Pucker with Mountain Dew. For lack of anything else to mix with it … Oh Em Gee … it was good :smiley: :smiley: