Create a cover for a comic book

I want to create a cover with characters from detective conan manga. Please advise

Is this a student project?
Or something you plan on selling?

1 Like

That’s an awfully open-ended question, so I will give you the basic steps.

1. Creative concept / ideation.
  2. Execute.
  3. Evaluate.
  4. Refine.
  5. Publish.
1 Like

Your first question to yourself should be “Am I capable?”. If yes, follow @Steve_O’s advice. There should be a lot of sketching around each first four step.

thank you!
It is true that I should ask myself the question “Am I capable?”

This is the project I’ve been working on for the past few years for my comic collection efforts

thanks
it’s not so disgusting or terrible, it’s a beginner’s necessity

This is the project I’ve been working on for the past few years for my comic collection efforts
I’m still discovering people’s opinions right now it’s Asura Scans APK Techzapk by Hecdtor Mitchell

But do you plan on selling it?
Because using other’s published characters without permission is against the law.
If any printer is printing these for you, that’s also against the law.

I think to create a cover page the most important things to keep in mind are layout, inking, and coloring. Consider the layout and composition of your cover, decide on the placement of the characters, any additional elements or backgrounds, and the overall design. Think about how you want to showcase the characters and create an engaging composition that captures the essence of the manga. With inking, I advise you should use a fine liner or a brush pen to create clean, precise lines. Be patient and take your time to ensure the lines are smooth and consistent. And about coloring, you can choose to color digitally using software like Photoshop or use traditional media such as markers, colored pencils, or watercolors. Refer to the original manga or anime for color reference, but feel free to add your own artistic interpretation.