Creating cool logo design is a super creative job

Hey design buddies!
My self Susan Parker a creative designer in 10alogo company i just Ever wondered how those awesome logos we see everywhere are made? Well, grab your creative hats because making a cool logo is like a super fun puzzle.
Let’s chat about logo design in this thread!

Mixing Art and Strategy:
Okay, so imagine you’re not just drawing, but telling a story with colors and shapes. It’s like picking the perfect ingredients for a magical potion! What do you think makes a logo special?

Simple is Super:
You know how superheroes have super cool symbols? Like Batman’s bat sign? Well, logos are a bit like that – simple but powerful! What’s your favorite logo, and why do you think it’s awesome?

Writing with Style
Fonts are like different handwriting styles! Some are cool and bold, while others are curly and playful. If you were a logo designer, what kind of fonts would you use to make your logo stand out?

Colorful Adventures:
Imagine your logo is a tiny planet, and you get to choose its colors! Colors can make people feel happy, excited, or calm. What colors would you pick for your logo world, and what kind of feelings would they give?

Magic Tools:
Logo designers have super cool tools like magic wands (but they’re called software). Do you have a favorite drawing or designing tool? Maybe you have a secret tool you’d share with your creative friends?

Triumph Tales:
Everybody loves a good story! Share a time when you drew a really cool logo or when you faced a tricky challenge. How did you solve it, and what did you learn? We’re all ears!

Sprinkle the word logo design in your replies and let’s make this thread as colorful and fun as the logos we love!

You do realize you are talking to a forum full of professional and soon-to-be-professional Graphic Designers and not Kindergarten schoolchildren, right?

Creating logos is not a “job” in and of itself. And you don’t get to be “creative” while doing it.

Logo design is a part of an overall brand strategy that will (hopefully) become the face by which a brand is recognized. A logo isn’t just a pretty, colorful picture. There’s a heck of a lot more research and development that goes into a brand beyond a “cool” logo. As for the creative part, sure you need talent, but your JOB is to present your client to their customers in a way that best benefits them, not your creative whimsy. Logos are not about you, your world, nor the colors you want to make it. You do whatever is best for the project at hand.

For Logos, THE Magic Tool is Adobe Illustrator, but learn how to use it correctly. When I see logos created in RGB, with gradients and blends, with overlapping shapes and white boxes covering stuff that wasn’t meant to be seen, I know it’s going to be a slog of a project. Worse are the pseudo-logos created in Photoshop. Those aren’t logos. Those are pretty pictures. If you don’t know what I mean by “can you cut it in vinyl” chances are you made the files I’m talking about. I do signage as part of my job, in all kinds of media from print to vinyl, silkscreening and laser-etching to metal dimensional letters on an office wall or building. Logos have to production ready, functional and practical in the real world.

Been doing this nearly 30 years and can say that I have never created a brand logo. I’ve done a fair amount of graphic design and layout work, but simply a logo pulled out of the ether? Nope.

2 Likes

Susan, how is it that someone named Susan Parker whose profile says you work in Houston is posting from an IP address in Pakistan? That’s an awfully long commute.

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to answer because I’ve frozen your account and removed the links to your company that claims to design top-notch logos for $10.

2 Likes

Lol! I almost spit out my coffee on this thread!

1 Like

Somehow, I knew that was the case but the post was so irritating I bit anyway. :laughing:

Yeah, Big-B!!! You Da’ Man!!’ …
They probably stole these “steps” as well as their copies of logos they sell, making gullible cheapskates fall for their “expertise” (sic)

1 Like