Critique my logo

I can’t help noticing that the name is the smallest element of the design. Might be near illegible at only half the size.

I agree with @HotButton. Way too many colors for a logo. It’s a good concept but the logo is too much IMHO.

Generally, when it comes to logos and brand marks you want to stick to 2 - 3 colors. This is because the logo will be used in many factors and different methods of the presentation and while many colors might sometimes be appropriate in most cases you only need 2 colors only.

As always good luck! Keep up the creativity.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I would start over completely. The idea is boring. The illustration is lacking. Color choices questionable. The typography is bad. I don’t mean to offend, but there is nothing I like about this logo.

Here are some steps to take:

1. Write down a few key words that relate to the brand, find a visual idea, or create a strong simple symbol that will represent the brand. You may end up with the same sea, palm tree, etc. but they need to be used in a novel and interesting way.
  2. Use a good color scheme, if needed use one of the tools like https://paletton.com/
  3. Research typefaces that will communicate what the brand is about. This is critically important. It’s not a secondary thing.
  4. Do tons of variations, experiment, try it on different objects and see if it works. Simplify, simplify, simplify, until you get to the core of the brand. This doesn’t mean the logo can’t be complex, Starbucks’ logo is complex, but it’s still a simple and iconic visual you will easily recall.
1 Like

I totally agree with this. I have found a lot of times with logos I need to force myself to keep the concept very simple. Any time I over think it or do a more abstract design I would end up needing to restart or back up.
Also I generally prefer to think of colors after I’ve sketched out a bunch of concepts. It’s always a good idea to make a logo that can be recognized in black and white too.
Good luck!

It looks pretty awesome for me.

Closing this as there is another thread going as well :wink:

Prevents confusion and double posting.