Daylight Savings Begins!

If you live on this side of the globe … Don’t forget to set those clocks ahead one hour … if you are ancient like me and still have a wind up or battery operated clock hanging around :wink:

1 Like

And don’t forget to change the batteries in your smoke/CO detectors!
I hate this one. I lose an hour sleep and takes weeks to catch up.

1 Like

Yep … and the cats will be so out of whack for a good week, if not a bit more :wink:

My cats both wait for my alarm to go off in the morning (except on weekends but I get up early anyway.) At night they show up when I’m making supper. They’re easy.

1 Like

image0

4 Likes

lmao … back breaking work :wink:

1 Like

I will support legislation to remove the abomination that is changing clocks twice a year.
Pick one and leave it. I’m partial to DST.

I’d much rather keep standard time year 'round.

I enjoy the cooler temperatures after the sun goes down the summer, but with DST, this is delayed an hour. In the winter, DST would have me groggily getting up in the morning while it was still pitch black outside.

I’d prefer DST. More sunlight to go fishing after work in summer. In winter, I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark anyway. And the lake is frozen.

DEFINITELY stay in DST. In the winter sunset would be at 5:15 instead of 4:15 at the earliest and who cares if it’s dark when you get up, it’s not going to stay dark and you get to watch the sunrise.

^this too!

I’d prefer more light at the end of the day, too.

Me.

I find it difficult to go to bed at night and even more difficult to wake up in the morning. Waking up before there is even a hint of light outside would not be an easy adjustment. I’m most definitely a late night person, Early mornings are a bit of an ordeal for me. Starting them before the sun comes up would be miserable.

Yea I get that but my understanding is most states that are thinking of making the change are thinking of sticking with DST. It’s how they dealt with it during the energy crisis in the 70’s.

I hear you, @Just-B. Waking up and turning on lights is rather jarring, but I’d still prefer to maximize after work daylight.

Doesn’t matter what they do, half the people will be unhappy and hold a grudge against the other half.
Forever.
And a day.

Just B, once you retire, you can stay in bed till the sun comes up, no?
If I ever get the chance to retire, I’ll still probably get up around dawn. It’s my favorite time of the day to be outside, even in winter. Though I’m far more creatively productive with my inside hobbies after 11pm. Tough choice sometimes.

Actually, I do this right now. One of the benefits of being self employed and working from home.

1 Like

I have black out curtains in my bedroom. I always wake up in the dark :wink:

When you have chronic sleep issues and need to sleep when the sun is blazing at times … black out is the only way to survive it.

I’m one of those that really don’t care which time we stick with … just pick one and leave it. :slight_smile:

I still have one clock that we need to dig the step stool out to get to. I’m half debating on pitching it. It’s just enough of a pain in the patootie.

Well, that’s true if I can ever muster up enough courage to bite the bullet and do that. :wink:

I just need to quit taking on more clients who expect me to be available on Eastern Time when I’m two hours behind on Mountain time. Toss in year-round daylight saving time, and winters will have me getting up 3 hours before the sun does. All the more reason to retire, maybe. :grinning:

I love it when the clocks go forward, because in the UK we do it 2 weeks later than the US. This means that I get an extra hour playing Ryzom with my American guild mates.
Of course, in the Autumn when the clocks go back, it’s an hour less…