Designers' Collaboration with AI in PhD Research

Hello! I’m a PhD student in Design at Politecnico di Milano, Italy. Currently, my research delves into the emerging collaborative dynamics between designers and generative AI in the design process, exploring the implications for design practices.

I came across this active forum and was captivated by the ongoing discussions on AI in design. Your insights have been both interesting and insightful. I am reaching out because I am conducting my research using the grounded theory methodology, aiming to generate theories from direct experiences through interviews.

If you are a professional designer integrating AI into your practice, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to interview you. The interview, structured as a free-flowing conversation, is expected to last about an hour. For convenience, it can be conducted in person if you’re near Milano, or via video call if you’re located elsewhere.

In return, I am happy to share the insights I have gathered so far and keep you updated on my latest findings. If this resonates with you, please respond to this topic or send me a direct message. I’ll reach out to coordinate a suitable time for the interview.

Thank you for considering this opportunity, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards!
Fabio