Digital Portfolio Design Trends 2023

Hello Everyone!

Are you building or thinking about building your portfolio?

I am conducting a trend report on what is trending for digital portfolio design and would love to know what your thoughts are !

I have a few questions about what you prefer and your opinions but all feedback is appreciated and welcomed.

Are you team minimalist or maximalist?

Did you prioritize mobile or desktop first design and why?

Do you prefer dark mode or light mode?

Do you prefer portfolios with bright and bold colors or neutral and muted colors?

724914633277d88fb3f5ebd545ad0f19

What are your opinions on immersive and interactive experience designs through animation, 3D visuals, and interactive elements?

How did you build your website (what platform ) ?

1 Like

Avoid trends. Trends…End.

The portfolio should reflect the business and attract the clientele the designer is interested in working with. Colors should be selected appropriately for the content, not preference of the creator.
Ordered chaos can work, so can staid rigidity, depending on who you are trying to reach.

1 Like

I’m going to second this. If you are following a trend, you are not showing what makes you unique. Though I have to say that first one has a lot of room to play around with which is why it makes a good BASE and I really mean BASE for a portfolio or just website (PP foundry for example has a pretty similar design)

1 Like
  1. Both, Depends on the requirement.

2. Mobile - Because More mobile users around the world, and will grow.

3. Well Depends on the business requirement, and industry, I prefer ligh Mode.

4. I prefer neutral and muted colors.

5. Excellent, but need to reduce the load time, specially better for gaming webistes.

6. ExpressionEngine

Here are some of the top digital portfolio design trends for 2023 that will focus on UX design:

• Personalized user experiences: Designers will need to incorporate personalization features into their portfolios to create a more engaging and relevant experience for visitors. This could include using AI to track user behavior and preferences, or allowing visitors to customize the layout or content of the portfolio.
  • Sustainable design: More and more designers are embracing sustainable design principles in their portfolios. This could include using eco-friendly materials, reducing the number of pages in the portfolio, or using a dark mode theme.
  • Ethical design: Designers are also becoming more aware of the ethical implications of their work. This means considering the impact of their designs on users’ privacy, security, and well-being.
  • Emerging technologies: Designers will need to stay up-to-date on the latest emerging technologies, such as generative AI, voice user interfaces, and augmented reality. These technologies can be used to create more immersive and interactive portfolios.