Do you use a tablet/pen or mouse for logos?

When doing simple vector work in Illustrator, do you use a tablet/digital pen or mouse?

I’ve always used a mouse personally. Has been a decade since I touched a tablet and the technology was pretty clunky when I last used it, but I know that it’s since improved dramatically.

What do you use in your workflow?

1 Like

Pencil and paper.
Then redraw in illustrator. Mouse.

2 Likes

Pencil and paper.
Illustrator.
Kensington Trackball mouse.
I use a tablet on occasion (it makes really quick work of making die-lines sometimes, LOL) But not for vector drawing. It’s all in what you’ve used to date. I’ve used this particular trackball for nearly 20 years and hate using a normal mouse. Plus, if you have mouse muscle memory, a tablet can be clunky for a very long time until you get used to it as an interface. I recently got a wacom for art, and the learning curve was a good three weeks of nightly use. I’ve had it for about 6 months now and I still make stylus-drag mistakes (some of them near file-fatal.)

1 Like

A mouse.

I’ve never liked tablets. I have a trackball connected to my computer, but it’s mostly there for when I forget to charge the mouse. I also have a trackpad, but rarely use it for anything.

1 Like

Mouse

Never got the feel for the tablet and pen. I love to sketch and draw with pencil and paper … but digital … not so much.

1 Like

I sketch either on paper or iPad, then when it goes to production, always Wacom and Magic Mouse (only used like attack pad for scrolling).

1 Like

That was meant to be ‘track pad’, but I think I prefer the idea of an attack pad!

2 Likes

I think attack pad sounds a lot more exciting! :boom: