Don't Forget To Spring Forward ⏰

Daylight Savings begins for a lot of us on Sunday. Don’t forget to turn those clocks one hour ahead. That is if you still have manual clock. So many just rely on their phones now days.

I am old school though. I still have wall clocks throughout the house. I also have a landline with a wall plug phone available should the power go out.

Anyhoo… this means Spring is just around the corner! Woo Hoo!! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Just as I was getting used to waking up with the sunrise, now it’ll be dark again when I need to get up in the morning. I wish they’d wait another month to make the switch, but I’m definitely glad that spring is on it’s way. It’s supposed to be in the mid '60s F here in Salt Lake today. I just might need to start up my motorcycle and take a spin.

2 Likes

I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am we’re back to DST. I hate getting home in the dark, my motivation is nil.

2 Likes

For me, the best thing about DST is that all of the after-work group bike rides start up again.

2 Likes

I’m surprised no one complained or critiqued about the clock being tilted to the side were the base feet and bells are not straight up, meaning the clock in the field would fall down. or perhaps the clock is prancing and dancing?
hmmmm…

… or springing forward??

LOL :wink:

We (in the Netherlands) have to change the time an hour forward in the night of 28th / 29th of march, unless it goes automatically from 02:00 to 03:00. Which also means the weekend will be 1 hour shorter…

Just as @Just-B said, waking up in the dark again. Although it doesn’t really matter as it’s raining here most of the time lately, which means it’s almost always dark in the morning and afternoon and evening.

I much prefer going to work in the dark as I drive east on my commute.
Going home will suck again for a couple more weeks, unless we go into overtime so I drive west past sundown. Sometimes I just stop for supper somewhere to let the sun set.

But I do like coming home to daylight. The lake iced-out last night which means it’s time to go fishing again!

We had bright sunshine here until just after 6 last night and light until almost 7. It’s a beautiful sight :smiley:

It will take a while for my cats to adjust again. They have no idea when dinnertime is again :smiley: That usually lasts for about a month after a time change.

My life is just random enough that my cats aren’t sitting at the door yowling in the morning. They wake up when they hear the alarm in the morning and don’t bother appearing until the dinner plates hit the table at night. Though one of them does have the uncanny ability to meet me at the door when I come home on nights we’re having chicken. Kinda creepy actually, (or it’s because I light the grill on the way in?)

LOL … I have one that sits on the table beside the door to greet us. I’m sure she gets up there the minute she hears the outside door.

Any cat I’ve ever had never got fed until our dinner time as well … so no early morning nonsense here either :smiley:

(they always have a little bowl of dry to munch on through the day if they are starving - but they only act like they are starving about 1/2 hour before regular feeding time or if they can see the bottom of the dry bowl)

Speaking of which one is snoring in my ear right now laying on the back of the couch right behind my head :smiley: LOL!

Between loosing an hour sleep, not sleeping well in a hotel room Saturday night, and an aerobic bike ride Sunday afternoon, I was in bed and asleep by 9:00 pm Sunday night and didn’t wake up until 7:45 am this morning.Hopefully, I’m caught up and adjusted.

1 Like

I think we should just move it half an hour and leave it there… permanently.

1 Like