Dude, you're being very un-Dude-like

Have you heard the buzz over Jeff Bridges’ Lebowski tease?

I am a huge fan of The Big Lebowski. Personally, I really hope this isn’t a hint of a sequel. TBL is perfect. Let it be, and let it stand on its own.

2 Likes

Yeah, a sequel would be a mistake as theres no way on earth it will ever be as good as the original. If theres money in making it though, they will make it.

Pretty sad really, but that’s how it is these days.

2 Likes

There’s money in it only if people go to see it.
:wink:

1 Like

Yeah, and people will go and see it, in their droves… :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never seen it …

ducks

I did see the teaser yesterday… but there are so many fake teasers out right now it’s hard to say. I guess I should put the original on my list one of these days :wink:

Go for it!

I’ll never see that one either …haha.

People act like a sequel or remake of any movie will somehow retroactively make the original worse, or taint its reputation. Most people will hate it, some will like it. If even a small percentage of people find some sort of enjoyment in it, then I’m fine with it.

1 Like

No, you should put the original on your list tongiht!

1 Like

Let’s say they make a sequel and it bites. Will I still love the original? Yes. Will the original still be a great movie? Yes. That said, and this is just one man’s opinion, sequels that suck tarnish the franchise and seem to bring down the original. It’s hard to think about Star Wars, for example, without thinking of the crappy prequels.

1 Like

JarJar Binks did nothing for the Star Wars franchise.
I don’t think I saw another one after that (well, not just Jar Jar, that speeder race was almost a cut-for-cut copy of the chariot race in the Charleton Heston movie, Ben Hur. Very unoriginal.)

1 Like

In the light of some folks not having seen the original, I can’t go into too much detail about the plot, but I can imagine several ideas for a sequel.
Our hero is an eccentric, a man out of place in the modern world who nevertheless prevails by a combination of hippy wisdom and dumb luck. Fertile ground for screenwriters.
Lebowski goes to Washington, anyone?

1 Like

That might work — I don’t know. Then again, the original movie was made during a time when those things and people parodied in the movie were more current than they are today. I’m not sure an older, out-of-time, and nostalgic view of a dysfunctional Lebowski (who seemed like a good candidate for impending homelessness) would have the same entertainment value today.

I’m no screen writer or movie director, so considering my totally amateur opinion on these things, take Cheech & Chong, for example. What made them so funny to so many people years ago (including me) just wouldn’t work today — it would just be sad.

1 Like

I know he’s in an ad for Stella Artois along with SJP as Carrie Bradshaw, that could be all it is.
Check it out

1 Like

I do believe you are correct Des. I just went looking to :smiley:

A complete tangent off onto something totally irrelevant to the subject at hand, but Stella Artois has to be the absolute worst beer I’ve ever tasted. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I’ve never tried it but the glasses are pretty. There’s a sparkly little medalion on them.

1 Like

Never had a Stella, and this won’t convince me to try one.

1 Like

Never had one either. The man has and he says it’s not too bad … but he also sucks on lemons and drinks vodka straight … I don’t trust him lol :smiley:

2 Likes

I does give new meaning to racking your beer…Sorry ladies I digress