Dunning-Kruger effect

@Just-B, I was talking about the articles dbrear posted.

Oh, yeah. I didn’t pick up on that. Duh!

Although this effect could easily apply to all kinds of controversial issues — and probably does — either side could probably use it as a tactic in an argument that the other side only understands part of the problem.

Isn’t an argument all about not seeing the other side of the problem?
:slight_smile:

Good read. Recognizing the problem is a good start. I have a blog in which I address technical issues with print process. I try to dumb things down so the average person can understand. I find myself sending email with links to specific blog posts to the individuals that are challenging me. The internet has become the go to resource for quick learning - I know I use it that way. If I need to fix something, I Google it. Funny thing about that, even though I’m relying on someone else’s expertise I walk away feeling empowered because of my new knowledge. I find clients are more receptive to reading and watching things rather than listening to me, even if I create the content. If I run into a recurring problem, I write a blog post. I have had success in dealing with clients on that level.

I can easily see where I do this myself, all the time. What an eye-opening research study!