Fav Christmas Movie?

Someone on another forum suggested
Die Hard
LOL, I guess it’s a Christmas movie…

2 Likes

That’s one of those I just don’t get. I mean I like the movie … but I never associated it with Christmas. Blood and terrorists aren’t usually a pairing I look for in feel good Holiday movies :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, well, considering the source, LOL.

1 Like

Ah it is a Christmas movie, it’s set at Christmas.

Speaking of Brticoms (never heard it called that before) but you must have seen The Two Ronnies?

@PrintDriver too.

1 Like

How can one forget The Two Ronnies? Especially the meandering ramblings of Ronnie Corbett.

1 Like

Has anyone every seen One Magic Christmas with Mary Steenbergen & Harry Dean Stanton? Kinda brutal at parts but I love it.

1 Like

I have seen it … but not in a long time. Oh that moment when the street lights come back on :heart:

1 Like

That would be a no. We only get to see what they allow us to see from the BBC over here :wink:

I feel lucky I’ve been able to watch all the Doctor Who series.

Back in the 60’s - 80’s PBS would aire a lot of British TV … but not anymore sadly :frowning:

There used to be a Christmas movie called The Littlest Angel. They stopped showing it decades ago.
With Johnny Whitaker and Fred Gwynn. All I remember was it was sad. It was something we watched when it came around cuz ‘Christmas’

2 Likes

Oh… wait a second—who could forget A Christmas Story? That movie was real and raw! Lol :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Yes, A Christmas Story is a must watch in my house every year! I was gonna say “Oh, Fudge” if it didn’t get mentioned! What a laugh fest . . . The house thet used for that movie is now a Cleveland landmark and museum.

2 Likes

I just watched the video you linked to — a comedy routine about two British guys misunderstanding each other over word pronunciations. Honestly, beyond the four candles vs fork handles mix-up, I don’t think I understood any more than half of what they were talking about.

1 Like

oh hell no. and I’m a huge Star Wars fan. sorry. lol!

2 Likes

Most of my list, only I honestly don’t like the Polar Express. I am seriously loving the silly Netflix ones, they are comforting and good to sleep to. ( a complement, really) The Christmas Prince trilogy – I know, it’s ridiculous, but it’s always nice to see the Borg Queen not assimilating the galaxy for a change. Or Santa Girl? Santa’s daughter goes to college? C’mon gotta love that idea. :slight_smile: :grin:

1 Like

I know it’s weird, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Christmas movie. I’m not sure why not. I’ve seen clips from It’s a Wonderful Life, but haven’t seen the entire movie. I might have seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas when I was a kid, but I suspect I just remember it from the book.

1 Like

My personal favorite Christmas movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas

2 Likes

Obsidian!!! Hey bud! Long time no see :slight_smile:

Hope all is well with you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have only one movie in my mind which is Christmas Vacation.

3 Likes

Christmas with the Kranks

1 Like