Fav Christmas Movie?

Firstly no worries if Chrismtas is not something you celebrate.

But some of us will. Regardless, Christmas movies are all around us.

I love Santa Claus the Movie
and
Die Hard

Some other mentions
Elf
Home Alone
Willy Wonka
Christmas Vacation
Scrooge

What movie ya got that is a must for Christmas?

1 Like

Ummm ā€¦ lots! lol :smiley:

:christmas_tree: White Christmas - All time favorite (Iā€™ve already watched it twice)
:christmas_tree: Anything Grinch related
:christmas_tree: Elf
:christmas_tree: Christmas Vacation
:christmas_tree: Itā€™s a Wonderful Life
:christmas_tree: Miracle on 34th Street
:christmas_tree: A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott
:christmas_tree: Scrooged with Bill Murray
:christmas_tree: Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck
:christmas_tree: Holiday Inn
:christmas_tree: The Santa Clause
:christmas_tree: The Polar Express
:christmas_tree: Meet Me In St. Louis

and Iā€™ll always have a soft spot for all the old animation movies that are as old if not older than I am :wink: Santa Claus is coming to Town, The Year Without Santa Claus, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Charlie Brown Christmas and Frosty the Snowman.

Iā€™m not really into any of the sappy, same story line current line up of cookie cutter Christmas movies, but I loveeeee the Christmas Chronicles movies by Netflix.

1 Like

The pinnacle of Christmas films has to be Muppet Christmas Carol for me. Michael Caineā€™s finest role.

3 Likes

By far Patrick Stewartā€™s scrooge

1 Like

Love the Christmas tree bullets :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

After the Original Cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas narrated by the one and only Boris Karloff,

the only other Christmas movie that I really enjoy is Scrooged with Bill Murray. Especially the ghost of Christmas Present, LOL!

I mean, Iā€™ll watch the classics if someone else puts them on while Iā€™m in the room but I donā€™t actively go looking for Itā€™s a Wonderful Life on purpose any more.

1 Like

None comes to mind, sorry.

1 Like

Iā€™ll watch any event blockbuster I havenā€™t seen before, but in the UK at least Christmas viewing is all about the Doctor Who Christmas Special, this season itā€™s on New Yearā€™s Day next year. Howā€™s that for time travel lol.

1 Like

Iā€™m a huge Doctor Who fanā€¦ but being in the US ā€¦ I might get to see the Christmas special some time in February lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I like all the Christmas specials you UKā€™ers have. I love Call the Midwife and theirs is always so wonderful. :heart:

Youā€™re welcome and Iā€™m sorry . . .

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to check that out later lol :smiley: :wink:

1 Like

It was a made-for-TV special. It is seriously terrible in every way with an interruption of what might be described as a disturbing, semi-eotic dance number. Itā€™s something you might want to endure if you grew up with the original three Star Wars movies. Or not.

To answer the original question seriously, Iā€™d say my favorites are Charlie Brown Christmas Special, the original animated Grinch, and the classic Rankin Bass animated specials.

Ahh, life in the good olā€™ days when, if you missed the broadcast of the Christmas specials, you had to wait a whole year for them to be broadcast again.

I remember being like 7 and visiting my dad when he was in the hospital (heā€™d fallen at work and had a collapsed lung, but he was mobile.) We went to a lounge area where some guy already there turned off the football game just so the kids could watch Grinch with Dad, cuz you didnā€™t get a second chance back then. First time seeing it in color too!

And that Star Wars special, I remember it being really horrible, if itā€™s the Chewie family specialā€¦?

I feel nothing beats National Lampoonā€™s Christmas Vacation movie, I love all of them but that one does something for me! :joy:

I should probably go and catch up on it right now! :laughing:

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one.

There is always the genius that is the Father Ted Christmas Special: A Christmassy Ted. I am guessing this series never made it to the US and itā€™s a very British / Irish thing. It was a fairly short run thing (3 series, 25 half-hour episodes, plus the Christmas Special in total) that I still wet myself laughing at, 25 years later. If you havenā€™t seen it, then, ā€˜Go on, go on, go on, go on ā€¦ā€™

1 Like

Nope ā€¦ that one never made it here, that I know of.

I am lover of most Britcoms that made it over here. I love the British sense of humor in general. I always just ā€œgot itā€.

It all started when I was about 8. I would sneak down stairs with a blanket over my head and the little 13 inch portable TV. This was somewhere back in the 70ā€™s. PBS would aire Monty Python and Benny Hill late Friday night. I do believe they are what warped my sense of humor in the best way possible :wink:

Benny Hill was always a favorite of mine too. Dad and I would sit an laugh and laugh.
Iā€™m willing to bet that show would be considered totally un-PC today.
Thatā€™s kinda sad.

1 Like

I almost said it would never fly today. Someone would surely be too offended to let it continue :wink:

I personally thought it was funny, silly and a bit naughty ā€¦ all the boxes ticked :stuck_out_tongue: Just like Python :smiley:

If it were to come out now I can hear all the Pseudo Christians and Helicopter Parents ā€¦ OMG ā€¦ The childrennnnnnnnnnnā€¦ What about the childrennnnnnnnnnnn!

:grin:

This took a bit of a turn ā€¦ Sorry about that ā€¦

Back to Christmas movies :smiley:

One I forgot about was The Homecoming. I really liked that one. Itā€™s what The Waltonā€™s was based on. :slight_smile: