[feedback]

Hello, I made a new project.
Please, take a look: h ttps://www.behance.net/gallery/187305861/Invictus-Brand-Visual-Identity
If you can help by leaving a like, I would be grateful

Post your design for critique in the CritPit (or if you are a student, in the Student Forum)
We don’t do “likes” on social media. You want likes, put on mom’s fridge.

1 Like

How are you supposed to print letters on black stationery? Anxiously awaiting your answer.

1 Like

Yes, you can print texts on black papers with modern inkjets or laser printers.

You can’t, unless your inkjet or laser printer has a white cartridge.
If you are printing the black, you’re wasting way too much consumables on a desktop anything.
An inkjet printer with white ink capability is $$$$$
Most laser printers replace black with white toner. I’ve not actually seen one with CMYKW.

1 Like

Yes.

You can print a black background while keeping negative areas as texts. This is not a problem when it is a customer demand and he wants to deal with the expenses, and the final product will be limited done by a specialized printing company and not by the customer himself. It’s quite common here.
There’s a white version for large quantities.

Stationery is usually for one offs printed by the client themselves.
For professional production, printing black knockout isn’t a problem (unless the objects fill in for various reasons). For office stationery, it would be unusual and inconvenient.

1 Like

Those are two different things. Perhaps we’re running into a Portuguese to English language issue. Printing text implies using ink or toner to print the letters and words themselves. Printing a black background while leaving the letters and words the color of the paper is, of course, doable.

In addition, the first example doesn’t appear to be stationery to me — especially since you have an example of lighter-color stationery further down the page. Instead of the first example being stationery, it appears to be an example of a page from a promotional booklet or brochure, perhaps.

Moving on…

Your branding project is very beautiful. From an aesthetic viewpoint, I quite like it. However, it’s not very practical due to the many printing problems and expenses involved. It could work for a client who wants to deal with these problems continually, but that would require an exceptional client. Is what you’ve posted for an actual client, or is it for a hypothetical client?

As an example of the printing problems, the blue you’ve used cannot be reproduced in CMYK. Printing that color would require a spot ink. Even then, the color appears to be reflex blue or something similar. Although it’s a beautiful color, it’s a problematic ink for printers to deal with since its alkaline composition requires a longer drying time than other inks, which leads to other problems, such as ink set-off on the back of stacked printed sheets and requiring the blue ink to stabilize before a second run through the press for the other colors.

In addition, the extensive use of large areas of black creates additional printing challenges that I won’t get into here. Instead, I’ll say again that this visual branding effort — although very beautiful — would be impractical for all but the most exceptional client who understood and was willing to endure the considerable expense of constantly dealing with the printing problems associated with it.

2 Likes