Find/change soft returns?

Is it possible to find soft returns in a text (InDesign) using Find/Change?
Just ‘typing’ it in the Find-box has no effect.
Is there a code to use instead?

Or do I have to look them all up myself in a close study using ‘Show hidden characters’?

In the Find field, type: ^n
(that’s a caret followed by a lowercase N)

On an added note, if you do show hidden characters, you can copy any hidden character symbol and paste it into the find/change field.

1 Like

Thank you very much!
^n is just what I needed. :slight_smile:

CraighB: I can´t copy the symbol from ‘Show hidden caracters’, Apparently because it is placed outside the text box.
I can do it with for instance a nonbreaking space, which by the way shows up in the Find field as

Do any of you know where I can find a full list of all these symbols?

©2019 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | Twitter | Facebook