Font ID

Anyone knows what font is used here? Thank you so much.

So sorry. I don’t know how I missed this.

Here is my best guess. The example is small and I can’t tell if there are any little curiosities :wink:

Louis George Cafe’ (regular)

1 Like

I have no idea how you find these things. The double-story g completely stumped me.

:grinning:

2 Likes

Sometimes I don’t know either lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! You’re the best!

1 Like

For future reference, there is this website: WhatTheFont! « MyFonts where you can upload an image and it will scan the text to find the font :blush:

1 Like

Other websites that do this;

https://www.whatfontis.com
https://en.likefont.com

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is a “double-story g” ?

The lowercase g and a come in two varieties: double-story and single-story (or storey). Serif typefaces usually use the double-story versions but usually switch to the single-story variety for the italic font. Single-story letters are more common in sans-serif typefaces and are typically the style people use when they write by hand.

Here’s an interesting study regarding these letters and how most people, when confronted with the difference, recognize both single- and double-story g’s equally well but have no idea they’re almost entirely different shapes until the difference is pointed out to them. Furthermore, people typically have no idea how to draw a double-story g, even though they see and read them hundreds of times daily.

Thanks for the clarification! Like they say, “You learn something new every day “

Surely that should be ‘Single Storey, Double Storey’ - spelt like the floors in a building ?

1 Like

Absolutely
:100:

Just like cheque vs check, behaviour vs behavior , it’s not storey over here 
 it’s story :wink:

Oh yeh - ye olde American Spelling
 ha ha I always forget.

Also, to rub it in a bit - in Ireland you can say to someone
“What’s the story?”

That just means ‘Hello how are you?’

Our equivalent to that is “What’s up?”

Have that too ha ha

Surely, that should be spelled, not spelt. :grinning: :wink:

The differences between American and British spelling make things interesting. As far as I know, the U.S. is the only country that uses story instead of storey for the floors in a building.

Personally, I prefer the British spelling of many words, but my U.S. spell checker won’t let me get away with it.

1 Like

My Gram always used to say “What’s the story, Morning glory?” When she would see me :heart:

She was born here, but both her parents immigrated from Ireland :smiley:

1 Like

Well you don’t want to know what ‘morning glory’ means here :see_no_evil: