Font Identification

Hey there, just found this forum because I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to remember what this font is called. I swear I’ve seen it before, that it’s super common, but I went through my companies entire library trying to match it and even the closest matches are still noticeably different. It’s got those little pinched-edge serifs and a sway on the center bars of the A, H, and N.

I tried running the photo through WhatTheFont and filtering through Identifont, but I didn’t get any good matches from there, either. Between me and my coworker, our best matches have been Goodfish and Ankura. I’m hoping someone out there can put a name to the bell this is ringing.

And to clairfy, I’m stuck on the long title signs - but if anybody recognizes that swanky N there by “3RD” I wouldn’t complain about learning what that guy was.

Thanks for any assistance.

Clearface Gothic Black is a bit closer.

In all honesty I think this is a sign painted by a professional Sign Painter.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice - that one’s still got that darn double-storey a, but maybe it’ll be close enough to appease. We’ll find out later, I suppose.

Believe it or not, it’s definitely vinyl - we’ve got one of the boards in house to match the colors. Of course it’s after I dig for hours that my boss says he’s pretty sure he knows the guy who did them before, but he’s bad about responding to people so he doesn’t expect to get a response in time for the client. But that’s just how that goes sometimes. Thanks for popping in, though!

1 Like

©2020 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | Twitter | Facebook