Font Management Software

Forgive me if this has been answered a million times. I desperately need a font management software. I’m on a budget so I can’t afford a lot. Are any of the free ones good? I don’t really like the idea of putting freeware on my Mac. Any suggestions?

Here is a quick list that I know of … I’m sure others will chime in with their favorites :slight_smile:

Suitcase Fusion and FontExplorer X Pro are in the high dollar range.
Explorem Ipsum and Font Picker are apps for iOS
Wordmark.it and Flipping Typical are websites that can be used for free.
FontBase and NexusFont are freeware
RightFont which is Mac based and mid range priced.
Typograph and Advanced Font View are Windows based and mid range priced.

Lots to choose from in the Mac category :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I just downloaded FontBase and it seems okay for now. I don’t think it has auto activation though.

Did you know MacOS come with its own font management. It’s not the best but it’s there.

I use Main Type. It’s free and I find it very satisfactory.

Kurt has tested some: http://www.jklstudios.com/misc/osxfonts.html#fontmanagerreviews

This might be a dumb question, but with font management software, is it possible to “tag” fonts to organize, for example, could I filter and have all fonts I’ve tagged to be “fun” or “kid like” to choose from instead of scrolling through everything?

You should be able to make ‘sets’ of fonts in categories, or by client or project or whatever grouping you choose. What are you using for font management?

I don’t currently use one - I was going to try one of the ones suggested above but wanted to make sure that was a feature I could use first. Is it common among most softwares?